Another soda question NCL

joyce&bob

We are going on the NCL Sky 9/14 - question regarding carrying on soda - my husband drinks only "orange soda" can I bring in my carry-on a liter bottle without it getting taken away???? Also, if I put a little water bottle full of vodka in my carry-on will that get taken away????....or do we have to put the soda and vodka in our checked suitcase???? Please advise. Thanks,

We are going on the NCL Sky 9/14 - question regarding carrying on soda - my husband drinks only "orange soda" can I bring in my carry-on a liter bottle without it getting taken away???? Also, if I put a little water bottle full of vodka in my carry-on will that get taken away????....or do we have to put the soda and vodka in our checked suitcase???? Please advise. Thanks,

There is no problem at all with the soda. You can carry on a bottle (closed and sealed), or even a 6 pack, 12 pack, case -- if it's a large amount, you simply put a luggage tag on it and it will be delivered to your cabin, without any problem. If it's in your checked luggage, your luggage may be held up, and you'll be asked to come to what is commonly called the "naughty room" where you'd claim it, show that it is a bottle of soda, and you'd be on your way. So it's probably much less of a hassle to either slap on a luggage tag on a case, or carry it on.

As for the vodka -- if you're flying, it will be taken away from you at the first security check, after some serious intense questioning, if it's in your carry-on. You're allowed no more than 3 oz of liquid per bottle, in a zip-bag, in your carry-on. If you're not flying, you may get it past the ship security, but if not, it will be taken away, and either disposed of (if it's an open bottle), or kept for you, returned when you leave the ship at the end of the cruise.

There is no problem at all with the soda. You can carry on a bottle (closed and sealed), or even a 6 pack, 12 pack, case -- if it's a large amount, you simply put a luggage tag on it and it will be delivered to your cabin, without any problem. If it's in your checked luggage, your luggage may be held up, and you'll be asked to come to what is commonly called the "naughty room" where you'd claim it, show that it is a bottle of soda, and you'd be on your way. So it's probably much less of a hassle to either slap on a luggage tag on a case, or carry it on.

As for the vodka -- if you're flying, it will be taken away from you at the first security check, after some serious intense questioning, if it's in your carry-on. You're allowed no more than 3 oz of liquid per bottle, in a zip-bag, in your carry-on. If you're not flying, you may get it past the ship security, but if not, it will be taken away, and either disposed of (if it's an open bottle), or kept for you, returned when you leave the ship at the end of the cruise.

Thanks, for the info. No we live in FL so we won't be flying. Guess I will carry on hubby's orange soda and perhaps stick a little water bottle of vodka into my checked suitcase and hope for the best.

Archived