Puerto Vallarta, Mexico anybody know of a dive shop?

underseahunter

We were just on Carnival Splendor that didn't go to PV due to hurricane Jimena. Before going I inquired many shops and did some research on reviews. Eventually settled on booking with La Ola Ocean. Alex and Donna (Donna was from Canada) have good reviews.

During my emails with Donna, she seemed professional and honest (hey, Canadians are usually good:D). Too bad we didn't get to PV, so could not give a first hand experience.

"middleager,"

Thank you for your reply. Sorry that the boat turned away from the storm. That might have been fun, at least the dining room would have been empty. LOL Did the cruise line "make up for it?" somehow? I tried lobbying one of the moderators to put up threads for INDIVIDUAL dive locations... Like one for cabos, one for roatan, etcetera... to now avail. At least it would SIMPLIFY planning dives.

Anyway,

Thanks again

Carnival gave each person a choice to not board and get full refund. Or if boarding to the changed routing, each person gets $50 OBC, and 25% off the next cruise within 1.5 yr. So we are looking at the next Carnival cruise, maybe back on Splendor next Aug.

We were understanding of the captain's decision, until we found out the RCCI Mariner of the Sea changed their routing, to exactly what we had changed from, to avoid the storm. So they went to PV, Mazatlan, then Cabo. Many people I talked to, were angry at Carnival, and thought it probably was because the captain was 2 months from retirement and wanted to be ultra safe. Well, the RCCI captain wanted to be safe too.

Anyway, if we do take the Splendor next year, it would've been because we hope to get to PV next time.

Archived