Question regarding battery charger for a pride go go elite traveler 12 ah battery .

xxoocruiser

Recently purchased a used Pride Go Go Elite Traveler with 12 AH battery. Went to charge the battery this evening . Read the owners manual and it instructed me to read the instructions that came along with the battery charger regarding the colored light . Looked in the packet I got from the previous owners son and there were no such instructions. The Pride website only had the owner manual which I already have. Does not list the charger light instructions.

The light on the charger glowed an AMBER YELLOW when I plugged it in. Can anyone tell me what this means ? What other colors might appear ? How do I know if it's charging or for that matter when it's fully charged ? Does the yellow light go out ? I've rented one about 1 year and can't remember how the charger light works.

If it makes any difference the battery has been removed from the scooter during charging

Appreciate any help .

Thank you

The used one I bought which has new batteries in it shows a red and green light when I first plug it in. When it is fully charged the red light goes out.

How old are the batteries? Hopefully someone else that has had this problem will answer your question. You might check with your local mobility store to see if you need to buy a new battery.

Purchased my Pride Go Go two months ago. When you plug in the charger, make sure you plug the charger into the outlet first and then into the battery. Make sure the Go Go is turned off with the key out. The light will glow yellow when charging and then turn green when it's charged. They other way you can tell is that you won't hear the sound from the charger. When it's charging you'll hear a little whooshing sound and when it's getting closer to being fully charged the whooshing will become intermittent and then finally stop when it's charged.

Thanks everyone. Haven't gone down to the garage yet to see if it turned green . Called Pride and they advised that chargers may vary as to how they work due to what charger Pride has purchased at the time. Darcie sounds like mine is like your. I did plug everything in the order you stated. Hopefully when I go down to the garage in an hour the light will be green. I told Pride that they should just attach this information to the charger cord in the same manner they place the warning tag. One would think that would be the logical thing to do ?

Again thank you everyone for helping me with this matter. I'm getting ready to go rider my scooter. Haven't been to a large shopping mall in 4 years. So excited ! Maybe I'll be able to stimulate the economy a little. I do me a extreme little.

I have a GO Go also and have a few questions that maybe someone can help with.

1. Has anyone found anyway to place a cup holder on the Go Go? I haven't been able to location anything that would work.

2. I have new batteries in my scooter, how low do you let the battery go before charging? Can you recharge after each use, or should you wait until the level is low?

Thanks

I have a GO Go also and have a few questions that maybe someone can help with.

1. Has anyone found anyway to place a cup holder on the Go Go? I haven't been able to location anything that would work.

Thanks

I have never actually seen or used this product but it might just work.

Check out the Liquid Drink Caddy on Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Caddy-Drink-Holder-Different/dp/B000ZPLJH8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1252722160&sr=8-1

If comes with 4 different types of mountings . If you check out 1800wheelchairs.com it;s the same one they sell for use with scooters.

http://www.pridemobility.com/scooters/accessories.asp

I found a great idea on these boards somewhere. Regarding the basket, I got it squished in the elevator a few times with the door. I have a lightweight backpack made of nylon or something, and I have strapped it on the back of the seat and removed the basket. This way, when you remove the seat for transport it goes with it and one less thing to deal with. Then, you could probably tape a drink holder on the front with duct tape to match your scooter, or use the holder from Amazon.

http://www.pridemobility.com/scooters/accessories.asp

I found a great idea on these boards somewhere. Regarding the basket, I got it squished in the elevator a few times with the door. I have a lightweight backpack made of nylon or something, and I have strapped it on the back of the seat and removed the basket. This way, when you remove the seat for transport it goes with it and one less thing to deal with. Then, you could probably tape a drink holder on the front with duct tape to match your scooter, or use the holder from Amazon.

When you remove the basket, the Drink Caddy fits where the basket was. No need to tape the cup holder. Works great. The one from Amazon is the one we have.

When you remove the basket, the Drink Caddy fits where the basket was. No need to tape the cup holder. Works great. The one from Amazon is the one we have.

Great, I will order one now...hope I don't get it squished in the elevator door lol

Purchased my cup holder for my Pride Sonic at Bass Pro Shops. It has velcro attached so I just wrap the velcro around the tiller and it works great. Being an accessory for a boat it levels itself no matter if you are going uphill or downhill.

This thread seems to have evolved from a charger question to a cup holder question. I use the small-sized wire mesh pencil cup for a cup holder and attached it to the tiller with two plastic electrical ties. It works great! I can also snap a plastic lid on top and use it to safely contain small items if not holding a water bottle.

What can I use to tether the key for my GoGo so when it's being put in the luggage hold, it won't be lost?

The Key should be removed. In fact you should carry an extra key just in case.

The scooter should be placed in free wheel mode when checking it in.

If it has a basket, it has to be removed before checking the scooter. Best to just leave the basket home and use a backpack which serves a duel purpose as a carry on and canthan be sling over the back of the scooter seat when using the scooter on the cruise.

All parts of the scooter have to be marked with all you personal information.

The battery remains with the scooter.

Someone once told me that they have made a simple instruction sheet and taped it to the scooter so the ground crew knows how it operates manually.

Archived