Recent Valor cruisers...I have ??s

celticd1

I know you are a rare breed, but I am hoping someone can answer a couple questions about Valor.

I read that there is a singing Irish Maitre d' in the Washington dining room. Since Carnival still has not posted the actual deck plans for Valor, does anyone remember which dining room he is in? Forward or aft? If we end up with the Lincoln room, can we request a change?

Did anybody use the hairdryer in the cabin? Do you have to hold the button down to keep it on? Should I just bring my own? I read another post where someone used their own dryer and blew fuses. I don't want that hassle. :rolleyes:

Any tips on the ship or layout are also welcome! :)

Thanks for your help!

The Washington Dining room is Aft. Yes, the Irish singing Matre D was wonderful! Your assigned dining room depends on where your cabin is located. If you are middle to Aft you are in the Washington Dining room. If you are middle to forward you are in the Lincoln dining room.

Yes, the hairdryer in the top drawer is good. A lot of power but you do have to hold the button down. It is right where you would hold the hair dryer anyway so it is no big deal to have to hold the button down.

Yes Ken is your man..

We sat main floor in the Washington dining room for the 5:45 SEATING..

Our cabin was 8285 Verandah..which is forward.. just one flight away from the lido deck and Rosies dining...

I still dont know why we were put in that dining room.. We requested6:15.. seating which would have been Lincoln.. but Omar Doesnt sing.. so we were happy..

Our tablemate won the Valor Idol Contest and she sang a duet with Ken.. I'm dreaming of a White Christmas.. it was lovely..

The Hair dryer wore me out.. my poor fingers gave out..my arm went numb..LOL my DH had to hold the darn thing and press the button.. I eventually figured out a way to use it..

It did dry well.. I might consider bringing my own though..

Camp Carnival was a lot of fun for my youngest daughter (age 9) though she did abuse her privilege to sign herself in and out at her leisure.

The bedding is great. The beds are very comfortable and the down like comforters and pillows are great! I felt very "at home".

Camp Carnival was a lot of fun for my youngest daughter (age 9) though she did abuse her privilege to sign herself in and out at her leisure.

The bedding is great. The beds are very comfortable and the down like comforters and pillows are great! I felt very "at home".

Sounds good!! There is no way I could let my son do the sign in and out himself! LOL He would certainly abuse it. I let my DD do it when she was 9 on teh Disney Magic but she is much more responsible then he is.

Great news on the bedding!!!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We're considering the Valor for a summer cruise. We've been on several cruises; however, not with Carnival. I have a question about their teen program. I see that it's for kids 13-15. Our son will be 16... when I talked to someone at Carnival about this they response "there limitless activities for your son" but not specific.

Are there organized activities for kids 16 and 17? Are they able to go to the teen lounge and attend the teen dances that are organized for the 13-15 y/o's? I don't want him stuck on a ship not welcome to be part of "kids" activities and he's not old enough to be part of "adult" activities.

Sorry to disappoint, but Ken retired after the 12/26 sailing of the Valor. We were privileged to be in the Washington dining room for that cruise and much was made of his retirement after 29 years. Sorry.

As for teen activities....on that same sailing there were organized activities for the 15-17 year old group in Club O2 @The Caboose. They met the first night and basically hung out the whole week. My daughter (15) and her cousins found a group of friends that seemed to meet whenever we were on the ship. I basically saw her in port and for dinner! The organized activities consisted of a few daytime "games" and lots of dances and hang out time. There were also leather banquettes outside the Caboose and the kids congrgated there as well.

I brought my own hair dryer and I was glad I did. The hair dryers on the Valor are permanently attached into a drawer and it was awkward trying to use it with so little mobility. And it's weird, but my hair seems to look better when I use my own dryer. Maybe I am just used to it . . . :rolleyes:

If you go to www cruisediva dot com - you will see all kinds of pictures of the ships and every deck, new pictures of the staterooms ect. I couldn't put the website above together, as when I did before it blocked out part of it. But this site showed great pictures.

I know you are a rare breed, but I am hoping someone can answer a couple questions about Valor.

I read that there is a singing Irish Maitre d' in the Washington dining room. Since Carnival still has not posted the actual deck plans for Valor, does anyone remember which dining room he is in? Forward or aft? If we end up with the Lincoln room, can we request a change?

Did anybody use the hairdryer in the cabin? Do you have to hold the button down to keep it on? Should I just bring my own? I read another post where someone used their own dryer and blew fuses. I don't want that hassle. :rolleyes:

Any tips on the ship or layout are also welcome! :)

Thanks for your help!

I have read there are 4 pools.

Our group is supposed to meet and greet each other at the pool bar. Now-----

Which pool bar?

Does each pool have a bar? And if so where is each pool located---meaning which deck. We will have to choose one and since we don't know each other we need this info before we board the ship!

Can you who have sailed give me a hint of which pool and pool bar we should go to. There may be as many as 23 couples!

Olaydt

I spent a week on that boat and could only find 3 pools, that doesn't mean there isn't 4, I just never found it. The best place to meet that many couples would probably be the pool on the Lido deck in the center of the ship as it has a large area surrounding it. It has a bar and entertainment and a smoking and non-smoking section.

Archived