Tours available at dock

debut

Does Lee Miles or anyone offer tours the day of your cruise at the dock? I still can't seem to make up my mind what to do. Thanks

Lee hires the guides and drivers for a particular day based on how many he knows are showing up. In addition, he purchases the admission tickets for some of the sights ahead of time. I may be wrong, but I don't think he has anyone just sitting there in case a few people from the ship decide at 8:00 they want a tour.

For what it's worth, there were other tour operators trying to fill openings when we were there in April, although I can't recall anyone that I talked to from our ship using any of them (about 100 - 125 of us used Lee) Also, there were numerous taxis/guides available to take you around. I did talk to a couple of people afterwards that this worked out well for.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know how much Lee Miles charges for his tour?

It depends on the sites you want to visit and the number in your party. Email Lee Miles for more information and a price list: leland (at) mremerald (dot) com

• 4 weeks later...

There were lots of taxi drivers doing tours for 20 pp at the port. All reports were that they were excellent. It was one of our favorite days. The people were kind and nothing like we were expecting. No fear. Felt safer than most ports. Will go back again.

There were lots of taxi drivers doing tours for 20 pp at the port. All reports were that they were excellent. It was one of our favorite days. The people were kind and nothing like we were expecting. No fear. Felt safer than most ports. Will go back again.

Could you please let me know some of the sites you visited? If there were any entrance fees you had to pay and if so how much?

thanks

Archived