Louis Cruises

bellasdesk

• 3 weeks later...

We have just come back from a 10night greek island cruise with the Orient Queen and it will be our very last with Louis cruises. We have been with them 3 times before and have always been very pleased, but this ship was just a money making machine with no thought for the passengers to have a good time but just to think what they could rip you off with next. There drink prices were horrendous, I had a lime and lemonade as I do not drink alcohol and it cost me 3.95 euros. If you had the drink package at 279 euros most of the non alcoholic drinks and a lot of the others still had an extra charge on them, this being 1.75 for tins and also ab out 90 for a small bottle of water. You were not given any water with meals, you had to buy it. When asked why we were told it was for hygiene reasons. If this ship is so particular about hygiene, why is the officers standing in front of the anti bacterial wash every evening and you have to get them to move. Hardly anybody was using it and it was never enforced. When we complained to an officer that this was very poor he just said it was there if anybody wanted to use it. The food was often cold and had to be sent back on a number of occasions, staff were rude and couldn't care less if they served you or not. I did not meet one person who didn't take the tips off their bill and refuse to pay them. The only people we tipped were the staff who cleaned the cabin who were absolutely brilliant and obliging and we would like to thank them for the great care they took of us and it is a pity the rest of the ship do not follow in their footsteps!!!!

Archived