frozen drinks without alcohol

ginjer2911

Yes you can absolutely get frozen drinks without alcohol, but sorry that I don't know the price. You would think that they would be a little cheaper though.

I didn't notice if you are new to Carnival, but you can also get Cappuchino and Espresso for free at any meal in the main DR. Otherwise there is a charge for those items.

I have a Cappuchino after dinner every evening.......

I am not an alcohol drinker. I was wondering if you could get the frozen drinks (ie pina colada) without alcohol and if they cost the same as the ones with alcohol?

Thanks.

i believe they use to be called virgin drinks, now called smoothie's. they use to be the same price as alcohol but now cheaper. the mango is my favorite. once i ask for the miami vice smoothie and got the real thing OMG. i don't drink and it had my heart racing and face red as a beet..

i believe they use to be called virgin drinks, now called smoothie's. they use to be the same price as alcohol but now cheaper. the mango is my favorite. once i ask for the miami vice smoothie and got the real thing OMG. i don't drink and it had my heart racing and face red as a beet..

But it felt good, didn't it? C'mon.. Everyone's doing it.. It makes you look cool..

Last cruise I ordered one of those monkey drinks in the afternoon by the pool. I ordered the virgin version since I am a light drinker. It was so strong. I was snorring during the show. It was so embarrasing. I fell asleep and landed on a stranger's lap. My husband was laughing his brains out instead of helping me out of this lady's lap. Now I don't trust any virgin version of the "smoothie".

:eek:

The non-alcoholic Miami Vice is the best. We enjoyed quite a few of those on our last cruise!

BTW, my wife wanted one of those Carnival smokestack shaped glasses, but we asked the bartender to fill it up with just Diet Coke. She said that it couldn't be done and that it had to be filled with an alcoholic drink. We told her that we would gladly pay for the alcoholic version, but to fill it up with a non-alcoholic drink. She had this puzzled look on her face, so she called another bartender who also wanted to verify what we wanted. We repeated that we wanted a non alcoholic drink in a souvenir glass, and still, no success. We finally gave up and walked away!

Later on we found out that we could get these souvenir glasses with a non-alcoholic drink, but apparently the bartenders that we were dealing with hadn't been properly trained.

Just FYI in case you run into a similar situation!

DH loves the non alcoholic foo foo frinks. His favorite is a Strawberry Daquiri. Second favorite Miami Vice. Bartenders usually laugh that I get the alcohol version and he gets the non-alcoholic ones:D but they remember us and we always get great service alcohol or not !:)

Archived