Getting mad!

GOLDENBONNY

I never been soo mad with booking excursion:mad::mad:! I just want to go on shore and see Belize Zoo:rolleyes:,but we cannot go from Carnival because age min is 3 years old and my DD will be only 2.5(how cool is that ?),I cannot book it form CoralBreez ,because they only book for groups of 4 and more:o.Now my DH called and made coment that 70$ pp its too much to see Zoo in 3rd World country:confused:.Sorry guys just had to let it out:).

Well, you could do two things easily- post on the roll call for your ship about sharing a tour (but not here on the Belize Board), or just grab a cab at the port in Belize, making sure to negotiate a fare to and from the zoo before you get in. I guarantee that there will be plenty of cab drivers eager to transport your family. Please note that taxis will not have car seats available, however.

Well, you could do two things easily- post on the roll call for your ship about sharing a tour (but not here on the Belize Board), or just grab a cab at the port in Belize, making sure to negotiate a fare to and from the zoo before you get in. I guarantee that there will be plenty of cab drivers eager to transport your family. Please note that taxis will not have car seats available, however.

Cab ride would be perfect,I asked on this board if its possible and safe but no one answer me:o Do you have any idia how much cab could be and Zoo ticket??

Well, if you have great expectations of the zoo, you may be dissapointed, or it could be your best excursion. Hard to say.

It might not be what you are looking for- but you might get more than you expect from the zoo, I think that depends on your personality. I think if you go into it thinking 'well that just cost me $150+ for my family to go walk around in a jungle zoo', then you surely will be so busy focusing on the cost and that will take quite a bit away from your visit.

It certainly won't be like a zoo in the US- more of a natural environment.

Bring lots of bug spray with deet. You'll need it.

If you don't see enough info here on CC, I suggest popping over to the Trip Advisor Forums and pull up Belize from the Central America Forums and search for 'zoo'. You might even get some ideas of taxi costs. It won't be cheap, but I think you can do better than the tour price. Tours, however, do offer a bit of peace of mind, since you don't have to do as much planning on your own. Sometimes, in a foreign country, that is worth the extra cost. :cool:

and from www.belizezoo.org:

How can I get to the Belize Zoo?

The Belize Zoo is readily accessible by road from Belize City which is the main point of entry for foreigners to the country. The Zoo is located at Mile 29 along the Western highway.

It is approximately an hour’s drive from the main cruise-ship terminal at the tourism village and about an hour driving from the international airport following through Belize City and onto the western highway.

What are the opening hours for the Belize Zoo?

The Belize zoo opens its gate daily to visitors from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

What are the entry fees for the Belize Zoo?

Normal Daily Fees are US $ 8.00 for adults and $4.00 for children (non-Belizean). What is the approximate length of the tour within the zoo?

The approximate time for a complete zoo tour is about two hours; however the time allotted for any tour group or independent visitor is dependent on the visitor or the time limitations set by the tour moderator or personal interest.

Archived