Halloween cruising

CruisnMom007

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Anyone Cruising over Halloween this year? We are for the first time on Paradise! Excited to say the least!

Anyone have any past experiences to share from their past Halloween cruises on Carnival?

We did Halloween cruise last year. It was not only our first Haloween, but our first "short 5 day cruise." We enjoyed it so much, we have booked another this year.

Admittedly we were lurkers (non costume earing) -where people found room in luggage for costumes I wonder. The cruise was out of Miami, so perhaps many drove? On top of it being Halloween, this cruise stopped in Key West for fantasy fest celebration-look it up...now there is a place where costumes consist of body paint! :eek:

Camp Carnival encouraged kids costumes and did their own parade. For adults, Carnival offered different judging times for costumes and if given a golden ticket, asked to attend poolside lido at 11pm for final judging and performance. We saw simple costumes (kind that get rented) to the elaborate.

Prior to finals all people on lido were encouraged to dance to Monster Mash, and best part was seeing CD and dance staff working together with partygoers for a choreographed "Thriller" dance. At midnight they opened an elaborate buffet which for us fell on Mexican theme night.

There were not really any decorations on ship.

My wife and I will be cruising our first Halloween cruise this fall. RCI has a costume contest that we will be participating in. We have not decided what we are going to be yet, but we will find room our luggage if it is the only things we take, lol!!

• 2 weeks later...

Im going on a Murder Mystery cruise on the Mariner. It leaves from San Pedro LA Harbor and goes to three differnt ports. Contact Whodunit Productions for details. I am so excited its my first cruise.

Adri :)

• 4 weeks later...

we'll be sailing on the Pearl on Halloween. We will be dressing up for sure. i know they have a halloween party in the Spinnaker Lounge but i don't know what else they do. I'm hoping they do more than just the one party, like host a Murder Mystery or something.

So what is everyone dressing up as?

• 3 weeks later...

Halloween is fun on a cruise. I've been on one for the past 2 years. Carnival sets up all decorations, has a costume contest and party. It's great to see people in costumes. All the children and lots of adults dressed up. It's a great time!

• 2 months later...

Me & my mom are celebrating her 50th birhtday on a Halloween cruise.

Carnival Liberty sailing out of miami on Oct 30th. Due to suit case space concerns we decided to pack my highschool & college graduation cap & gown. It takes up very little space. We're excited!

Carnival Liberty sailing out of miami on Oct 30th. Due to suit case space concerns we decided to pack my highschool & college graduation cap & gown. It takes up very little space. We're excited!

When I read that, first thing I thought of was you could decorate top of cap with letters out of tape like you see at graduations. Maybe something cruisey, or Carnival like, and easily removeable.

We are also cruising on the Liberty - not sure what outfits we will be taking but it should be fun.

Six women all from Ontario Canada and one is also celebrating her 50th.

We will keep our eyes open for you - hope you have a great sail.

Can't wait

• 3 weeks later...

If you book a cruise that falls on Halloween, how do you know whether it's celebrated on the ship? Do some cruise lines advertise it as a "Halloween cruise" and if they don't, do people generally dress up and celebrate Halloween anyway? I'd love to book one for next year, but I don't really know how to go about it, or if there's a particular cruise line I should look into (although I really like Princess).

• 1 year later...

My mom, my bff and I are going on a cruise and our last night falls on Halloween. My mom is 82 very active but has recently been put on oxygen. So we are bringing a wheelchair just in case she gets winded while moving through the ship or while in port. To make a long story short, I have decided we are going to dress her as a patient with the patient gown with the naked butt sewn on it..I will be the doctor in the white coat and my bff is going to be the nurse. Then we can roll her around in the wheel chair and still be within character. Hey, you have to improvise sometimes and I think this will work out great. Look forward to having my mom with me. She is a hoot!!!!

• 2 months later...

Only those in the "know" bring costumes with them onboard! It's a hoot! Definitely bring all your goods with you for a night of being 9 years old again! I have been doing a Halloween cruise for the past 11 years and would go in a wheelchair if I had to! I just moved to a new home and Thank God I know have a "costume closet"! Celebrate!

Archived