8/30 cruise on the Urn....er Legend... with lots of pictures!

beachbum6264

y'know Paul....

I was born in Fla and raised in the Clearwater-Largo, St Pete areas, and I have yet to see anyone changing out of her bikini on the beach....YOU LUCKY DAWG!!! lol (Yes ladies, It's true! We men are pigs!!! :D )

~~ j.

Where were you? I lived in Indian Rocks Beach (went to Anona Elem. Largo Jr. High and Largo Sr. High)

BEACHBUM SAYS:

(I grew up in Florida – Indian Rocks Beach in Pinellas county).

I SEZ:

HOWDY NEIGHBOR, I grew up in that area too.

Belcher Road, and then Lancaster Drive (by Belcher Elem.) went to Oak Grove Jr Hi

and then Largo Hi. c/o '73!

GO PACKERS!!!!! :D

Have you seen the new bridge they're building from Largo to IRB? It'll replace the old "Toll Bridge".

My favorite beach was Ft DeSoto in St Pete....go ALL the way to the end, where the actual fort is.....but wear water shoes, the sea urchins can wreak havoc on feet. :eek:

~~ j.

BEACHBUM SAYS:

(I grew up in Florida – Indian Rocks Beach in Pinellas county).

I SEZ:

HOWDY NEIGHBOR, I grew up in that area too.

Belcher Road, and then Lancaster Drive (by Belcher Elem.) went to Oak Grove Jr Hi

and then Largo Hi. c/o '73!

GO PACKERS!!!!! :D

Have you seen the new bridge they're building from Largo to IRB? It'll replace the old "Toll Bridge".

My favorite beach was Ft DeSoto in St Pete....go ALL the way to the end, where the actual fort is.....but wear water shoes, the sea urchins can wreak havoc on feet. :eek:

~~ j.

Class of '73????? ME TOO! I didn't go my sr. year, tho, we moved to TN right before that!!! Wonder if I know you????

small world, fershure!!!!!!

Belcher Elem 61-67 (1st-6th)

Oak Grove JH 67-69 (7th-8th)

Clw Comp JH 69-70 (9th)

Largo HS 70-73 (10th-12th)

lived on Belcher Rd, Lancaster Dr and then after getting married, off Seminole Blvd in Orange Lake Village, (where Walsingham Rd comes into Seminole Blvd).

Went to Largo Methodist but knew a bunch of folks at Anona Meth.....in fact, almost married the daughter of one of Anona Meth's past pastors.

do you YAHOO!?

I'm:

brahma625@yahoo.com

I recognize the name. I'm on page 173, 2nd full row, 2nd from right!

well now ain't this cool.......here, cuz we were both reading Lorena's review, we meet again....$%&* years later.

(and yeah, the "$%&*" was intentional.....don't wanna be giving away ages.....not that "class of '73" isn't info enough...)

My personal plan for the urns: DH and I want to be cremated - we had previously planned for the surviving one to dump ashes overboard, but we just sailed on the Legend and realized that with all those urns, there should be plenty of room for us to keep sailing forever!!

We stopped downtown to do a little shopping – I have quit buying “stuff” from every port – I have enough t-shirts to last me a life time. Now I buy refrigerator magnets from every port and every ship. We may have to get a bigger fridge, tho! We did have to stop for the must have shot

2875210600059432091S500x500Q85.jpg

(come on – you know you have the same picture!!!)

I do have the same pic :eek:

What a lovely couple!

The urn pictures was funny! They did get bigger and bigger!

I was supposed to go on Legent Saints and Sinners 10/18/09 but had to cancel.:(

Saints and Sinners? hmmmmm, sounds like this might be the cruise built for me............the SINNERS part, that is!!!

:p

My personal plan for the urns: DH and I want to be cremated - we had previously planned for the surviving one to dump ashes overboard, but we just sailed on the Legend and realized that with all those urns, there should be plenty of room for us to keep sailing forever!!

LOL, I never thought about urns that way, but sounds like a great idea. Get one that looks like the ones on board and have a family member take you and just hide you among the urns on board, no one would ever know!!!

Your second graders probably come out of your class as seasoned writers.

Thanks for a wonderful preview of things to come.

We do write a lot ... I love hearing their stories, and they love to be 'authors'. I am always amazed at the imagination of 7 year olds!

Smooth sailing!

I love your review. I have just viewed it again. Since we don't sail the Legend until Feb. 7,2010, I have time to view again and again.

Because of some health issues, my husband and I will do very low key, limited mobility type activities in the ports so we shouldn't be too worn out from excursions. I hope we can find brief tours in each port to see the main attractions before returning to the ship.

If you were to make reservations for the restaurant ( steak house type,) which of the days would make the most sense? I want to go to the main dining room on the two formal nights and I want to go to the main dining room the first night, so that leaves a port day for the dinner at the restaurant. Thanks for your advice and insight.

Good luck on your surgery. If you have posted the date, I haven't noticed. Let us know how you are doing.

I got a kick out of your comment about not having to put a child in his place. LOL. I retired after spending 36 years as a teacher. I know exactly what you mean.

I just caught up wioth this thread again, and had to laughtt. My parents retired to Florida in 1979, and moved to Belcher Rd. Ahh only 110 days to go til my cruise.:p

awesome, more Belcher Road-ers............

as I said on the other message board:

once again, the internet makes the world even smaller!

:D

I love your review. I have just viewed it again. Since we don't sail the Legend until Feb. 7,2010, I have time to view again and again.

Because of some health issues, my husband and I will do very low key, limited mobility type activities in the ports so we shouldn't be too worn out from excursions. I hope we can find brief tours in each port to see the main attractions before returning to the ship.

If you were to make reservations for the restaurant ( steak house type,) which of the days would make the most sense? I want to go to the main dining room on the two formal nights and I want to go to the main dining room the first night, so that leaves a port day for the dinner at the restaurant. Thanks for your advice and insight.

Good luck on your surgery. If you have posted the date, I haven't noticed. Let us know how you are doing.

I got a kick out of your comment about not having to put a child in his place. LOL. I retired after spending 36 years as a teacher. I know exactly what you mean.

Thanks for the kind words...

I think there was a city tour kind of excursion for each port that would be great for you, not much walking (walk to the bus, ride around the area with a tour guide, walk back to the ship) The excursion pages at carnival.com show the level of activity for each one.

If you have early dining, the Cozumel day might be the best one to book the

steak house because we didn't sail until 6:00 (I like to be up on deck to watch us sail, I have photos taken from the aft deck of each ship I've been on sailing out of every port!)

My surgery date is Oct. 20, a week from today :eek: I'm ready for it to be OVER, I'll find out tomorrow if it will be just one knee or both.

If you taught for 36 years I'm sure you still have "the LOOK"! Pair that with clearing your throat just right and you can quell even the worst of them!!!

Any more questions, just ask away!

Thank you so much for your detailed trip log. We are from Tennessee and we sail on the legend this coming Sunday.10/18/09. We can hardly wait. We are leaving after school on Friday. I am a school nurse and my husband is a teacher.

Thank you for the great review, and awesome pictures. Good Luck & God Bless on the surgery, hope it is only 1 knee.

What an awesome review and great pictures!! And I truly love your sense of humor!!!:D........Good luck with your surgery.

Thanks so much for sharing:)

Thanks for all the good wishes for the surgery. Next week at this time..... I'll be on drugs!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm bringing this to the top because;

1. It is one of my favorite reviews of the Legend which we will be on in 91 days.

2. Those who missed it the first time around now have a chance to see it.

3. Last, but not least, we all want to hear from Beachbum6264 how the knee surgery went and how the recovery period is going for you. We know the scrapbook must be almost finished. Love your pictures !

Archived