Please help me plan what order to do my excursions

mattt6511

Hello im going on a cruise nassau in 12 days we are there from 9-5pm and i need a little bit of help please, im going with my gf, and my sister and her bf and we are on a pretty tight budget so i kinda planned out what we are doing on my own any ideas or advice on how to get there safe would really help me, also if you could help me with what order to do things. This is what I wanted to do: Go visit atlantis just to look around at the sights, go to the beach near atlantis "cabbage beach" not really sure how to get there from atlantis is it right next to it?? Then after cabbage beach i would like to go to fish fry and get some conch fritters, then lastly go to the straw market and maybe grab a quick drink at senior frogs. I know this is a long list but im planning on making it short only about a hour at each place tops, any advice on how to get from place to place and saving money?? Should i take the water ferry to atlantis, then walk to cabbage beach, then either take a taxi or jitney to fish fry, then a taxi or jitney to the straw marker, then from there walk to senior frogs and walk back to the ship?? Please any advice would greatly help!! Also if i go for a snack at fish fry is like 10-15 dollars a person for a snack enough or no?

That's a full day! If you are on a tight schedule, I don't recommend the water taxi. It's a longer walk than if you have a bus take you right there. We took a water taxi last time, and had to walk 20-30 minutes to Cabbage Beach.

I've been told that there is a good cafe for conch across the street from the British Colonial Hilton hotel which is in walking distance of the ship. That might save you some time.

You could take a quick look at Atlantis, walk to the beach, then take a bus back to the Colonial Hilton Hotel. Eat at the cafe there, then walk to the straw market and Senor Frogs. On a tight schedule, I would probably skip Atlantis and head straight for the beach.

Also, somewhere on this thread is a link to a menu for a restaurant at the Fish Fry. You could see the actual prices.

Here is is: Twin brothers Menu

ok....this is how I would plan my day from what you mentioned you want to see.....

Catch a cab to PI to see Atlantis as soon as you exit at 9 a.m. Should cost you $5.00 or $6.00 pp.

Enter Atlantis, walk around a bit, come out the front, turn to the left and head over to the public beach access before RIU. Cabbage Beach is right next to Atlantis-can't miss it. Our last three vists there was a guy there selling rum drinks, pick your flavor, $10.00 pp all you can drink!

Leave the beach area, head to water taxi for a return trip, $3.00 pp. Your friends will enjoy it. Before getting to the water taxi, under the bridge, there is Potters Cay which is an area with local food also. Eat here instead of Fish Fry; the Conch fritters are 10/$2.00. Not as fancy as Fry Fry but the food is so good and the real thing. It will save you time and $$. This will allow you a bit more beach time-trust me.

Water taxi back to pier then to Senor Frog's. Then do Straw Market last since you are closer to the ship and you can you can be assured to get back on it in time.

If you really want to do Fish Fry instead, then I would catch the water taxi on the way over 1st thing at 9 and use the cab to take you back towards the ship on the return, it will be quicker for you.

At any rate, have a great time. We always do. Hope the weather is good for you.

Archived