CC on Butlers

Duff Man

CC has an good article on butlers in its discussion on luxury cruises. I really found the following CC comment about NCL intersting:

"Get This: Butlers on NCL ships are culled from the rank and file of the hotel department based on their excellent customer service and positive consumer feedback. As a result, NCL's butlers retain a level of warmth and a service ethic that's hard to find on any other cruise line. Butler service on a Freestyle ship can make the big-ship cruising experience intimate, cozy and special."

:)

The two times I had a suite with a butler they sure did make me feel special, warm and cozy! One reason I have another suite booked!

The only problem I've had is that upon my return home I get up on the first morning and my beloved butler has forgotten to bring me my coffee and danish! :eek: ;)

The two times I had a suite with a butler they sure did make me feel special, warm and cozy! One reason I have another suite booked!

The only problem I've had is that upon my return home I get up on the first morning and my beloved butler has forgotten to bring me my coffee and danish! :eek: ;)

I'm with you Winnie, I too am in a suite on the the Star Oct. 10.

Ambrosia

LOL...I'm afraid that's exactly how I'd feel.....if and when we "kick it up" a notch and book that Penthouse suite.

We actually did book one 2 years ago....paid the same as we are now paying for our mini suite................but we had to cancel it due to a death in the family.

Someday, when we get another good deal ...............we will know just how wonderful it is to be "spoiled" by a butler. Can't wait for that!

I'm with you Winnie, I too am in a suite on the the Star Oct. 10.

Ambrosia

This Oct. 10th to Mexico? I'm on that ship but only have a balcony...poor me! Please join our roll call and come to the Meet 'n Greet! :)

My next suite life is on the Jewel in Jan. Can't wait! :D

LOL...I'm afraid that's exactly how I'd feel.....if and when we "kick it up" a notch and book that Penthouse suite.

We actually did book one 2 years ago....paid the same as we are now paying for our mini suite................but we had to cancel it due to a death in the family.

Someday, when we get another good deal ...............we will know just how wonderful it is to be "spoiled" by a butler. Can't wait for that!

There's NOTHING on the open seas like an NCL suite with a concierge and butler........They make you feel like royalty! I hope you can have that suite soon. :)

This Oct. 10th to Mexico? I'm on that ship but only have a balcony...poor me! Please join our roll call and come to the Meet 'n Greet! :)

My next suite life is on the Jewel in Jan. Can't wait! :D

There's NOTHING on the open seas like an NCL suite with a concierge and butler........They make you feel like royalty! I hope you can have that suite soon. :)

Thanks....I am most certainly going to keep this in mind...........perhaps our next cruise! :D

We have had the pleasure of the "suite life" on our last 4 cruises. Each time our butler has indeed made us feel soooo special and warm and fuzzy!!

This past weekend we had a group of 8 adults and our grand daughter on the cruise to help us celebrate our 35th annivesary and our vow renewal ceremony. Our butler, Antonio, took great care to see we had everything we needed for entire weekend. On Sunday after our vow renewal ceremony, I called the concierge to order snacks for the room, and Antonio knocks on the door with them. He had already ordered them for us!!

We had a wonderful time and will never cruise without a suite and it's butler! Totally spoiled!

We've cruised exactly once (just returned from POA.)

We had booked a BA balcony when two weeks later the "Upsell Fairy" called and asked if we wanted the AA.

The bathroom in the AA was larger than the entire BA cabin!

We are now ruined. After viewing other cabins, and (ourselves) being treated like royalty the entire week, there is no way that we could ever cruise without the "suite perks".

I've never considered myself a snob, but 2 weeks later, I still have a smile on my face over the absolutely wonderful treatment that we received.

If nothing else, the privilege of breakfast, lunch, and dinner at LazyJ was worth the "upsell" cost.

We have had the pleasure of the "suite life" on our last 4 cruises. Each time our butler has indeed made us feel soooo special and warm and fuzzy!!

This past weekend we had a group of 8 adults and our grand daughter on the cruise to help us celebrate our 35th annivesary and our vow renewal ceremony. Our butler, Antonio, took great care to see we had everything we needed for entire weekend. On Sunday after our vow renewal ceremony, I called the concierge to order snacks for the room, and Antonio knocks on the door with them. He had already ordered them for us!!

We had a wonderful time and will never cruise without a suite and it's butler! Totally spoiled!

That's just terrific! I just WISH I could cruise in a suite on each cruise! Unfortunately when I go solo I have to pay for 2 people so I will get an inside in that case. I do splurge when I go with my adult kids tho! I'm not sure who loves it most...me or them!

How much is the usual tip for a butler per day for 2 adults in a suite ?

It all depends on how much you use them.

I tipped $10.00 pp per day for the regular service they provide and added extra for anything special like serving a meal in the cabin or bringing DVD's or setting up for a party etc. We had coffee and danish each morning and then brought boxed lunches of sandwiches, chips, cookies for an early fishing expedition for my kids. I had 3 cabins and six ppl. and he brought enough hors 'de ouvres for everyone each evening. They will do almost anything you ask....except come home with you!!!:D

Archived