Acapulco hotel info post cruise

ajj0624

I am looking for some information on hotels in Acapulco, post my Panama Canal cruise in December. I checked with Princess and they use the Fairmont and the Grand. It just seems really expensive and i am not sure if there isn't a better price or location since we have only one night. Also we are concerned about finding reasonable transfer to a non Princess hotel for leaving the ship and getting to the airport the next day. Any thoughts from thoses who have "been there done that'?

I am looking for some information on hotels in Acapulco, post my Panama Canal cruise in December. I checked with Princess and they use the Fairmont and the Grand. It just seems really expensive and i am not sure if there isn't a better price or location since we have only one night. Also we are concerned about finding reasonable transfer to a non Princess hotel for leaving the ship and getting to the airport the next day. Any thoughts from thoses who have "been there done that'?

The Princess hotel is beautiful and you can probably get it much cheaper by making your own reservation. This hotel is outside the port of Acapulco but much closer to the airport.

The Princess hotel is beautiful and you can probably get it much cheaper by making your own reservation. This hotel is outside the port of Acapulco but much closer to the airport.

I agree and forget The Grand. We stayed there in February with no AC and the rooms were very worn. It has really deteriorated.

Friends who stayed at Las Brisas loved it.

Mike:)

Book directly with either the Princess or its sister hotel, the Pierre Marques. They are both outstanding and near the airport. Rates prior to December 15th are considered off season.

Book a room with breakfast and you will not be sorry.

As to walking about Acapulco, it's a rather large town and spread over a vast area. Frankly I would not care to be either mugged, stabbed or shot at or any combination there of.

As to walking about Acapulco, it's a rather large town and spread over a vast area. Frankly I would not care to be either mugged, stabbed or shot at or any combination there of.

I agree. And we found it very nasty when we were there in February.

Mike:)

Acapulco Princess.

One of the most spectacular hotels in the world. Period.

I've been going there since the 70's.

Book it on your own and find the specials.

Ask for a room in the pyramid tower on the corner, they have wraparound balcony's.

Archived