Bumping up for Camp Carnival????

runningcrazy

I have two sons who will both be at the upper age limit for their respective Kid Club (one will be 11 1/2 and the other will be 14 1/2). I was wondering how closely "guarded" the kid's clubs are with regard to age? Obviously, both are interested in participating in the club that is older than they are--12-14 and 15-17. Any experience or comments would be greatly appreciated. We will be sailing on Valor next June.

This has been discussed at great length many times on this board. Try doing a search to pull up more information.

IME, cruiselines don't bump up in age, only down. You can ask the staff at the camp if they will allow this. No one can tell you for sure until then.

I had wondered about this for my DD who was less than 2 weeks away from a birthday and a jump to the next group. They moved her up without a problem once they verified that she was indeed only days from being 6. But I think the answer would have been no if she'd been much further away than that.

I have two sons who will both be at the upper age limit for their respective Kid Club (one will be 11 1/2 and the other will be 14 1/2). I was wondering how closely "guarded" the kid's clubs are with regard to age? Obviously, both are interested in participating in the club that is older than they are--12-14 and 15-17. Any experience or comments would be greatly appreciated. We will be sailing on Valor next June.

One exception I have heard of has been 14 year olds that are already in high school. Some have posted that because the 12-14 group is geared towards those normally in Junior High/Middle School that the cruise line has allowed those that are 14 and can prove they are in high school via a school id card into the older group. I don't know if this is a common occurrence or just a CC urban myth, but I would recommend he bring his school id if he is in high school just in case.

Archived