Passport???????

donald1403

if you believe you need a passport for an ordinary cruise think again

go to the Dept of State site read "Closed Loop" cruises, again the U S govt has sold out to the highest bidder or lobbyist NOTHING has changed grab your birth cert and drivers license and go cruising

or waste your money for a passport that you do not need for a cruise.

A passport is a very valuable document when traveling. Your "advise" is very short sighted and frankly not very good. For example, what happens when there is an emergency and you have to fly home? Or what happens if a good travel deal comes along that is not a closed loop cruise and you don't have time to apply for a passport? Or what if you want to do something besides a closed loop cruise? Or what if the rules change again, and suddenly you are one of millions applying for a passport, and your cruise leaves soon?

So what does a passport cost these days? $100? $120? It is good for ten years, so that works out to $10 - $12 per year. Not a big deal, given how valuable a passport is for travel.

:confused: It is inconceivable to me we are still having this conversation. If you want to leave your home by anything but car/train/bus to the U.S. fifty (well, 49), do yourself a huge passport and save yourself any fret and worry.

Get a Passport at long last. :)

hubby and i paid extra to get our passports so we would be sure to have them...i am GLAD we have them and dont want to KNOW what would happen or what we would face if we DIDNT....EVERYONE has their own opinion just like whether to take them with you in ports or leave in the safe...again i dont want to KNOW what will happen ...so I HAVE MINE and i TAKE IT with...EVERYONE has to do what they FEEL is BEST for them...

Guest TropicOne

Starting with my second cruise I had a Passport by personal choice. Was it needed ? No. But it did make going through Customs easier and quicker.

Archived