Shergib

SHERGIB

I am thinking of booking the Veendam from New York to Santiago, Chile next fall. Can anyone tell me what the flight is like for the return to Miami ? How long ? Is it a HAL charter flight ? We had one of those from Miami to Costa Rica years ago and it was awful. The guy in front of me put his seat all the way back and I was trapped for the entire flight.

I've flown from Santiago to Miami twice. It's grueling, and then there were the domestic flights home. The first time I was awake 33 consecutive hours; the second time, it was 39. :eek: It was worth it, as the cruises were long and enjoyable, but I wouldn't do it for a short cruise.

You awake in Valparaiso, early in the morning, two hours ahead of eastern time. Then you spend the day making your way to Santiago, and waiting around for a flight. By the time you're ready to go to sleep, it's time to board your flight.

You arrive in Miami very early eastern time, with your body exhausted.

A piece of advice I picked up the last trip---

Stay over in Santiago one night. Then, you can sleep in the day of your flight, and relax all day. It's still a long flight, but not as long a "day".

Ruth, Thanks for the imfo. So much for that idea. My husband is 82 and there is no way he would even consider that. It's all I can do to get him to Vancouver in two weeks which will total about 12 hours with a layover in Chicago. We always go at least one day ahead and stay in FLL at the end for a couple of days. Our flight from FLL is only about 2 hours to home. Guess I'll have to consider the Santiago trip alone.

Archived