Southern Caribbean - AOS and Caribbean Princess

lovevacadays

I want to book a Southern Caribbean cruise in 2010. Has anyone sailed both the Caribbean Princess and the Adventure of the Seas ? Interested in your thoughts and comments. I haven't cruised RCCL since the 90's so haven't been on any of their new ships. I have cruised the Sapphire and Diamond Princess most recently and will be on the Crown in November.

I have been on both and LOVE them both.

The Adventure of the Seas is an amazing ship. It has a three level dining room compared to the one floor dining rooms on Princess. Dining room food is slightly better on Princess but much better in the buffets. The entertainment on Royal is of better quality, though there is more variety on Princess. Service is about the same.

Cabins are a little more spacious on Royal. Princess has more pools and much nicer lounge chairs.

The Southern Caribbean itinerary is my favorite so far and my AOS cruise was the best.

You can't go wrong with either and why not try a new line. Good luck!:)

There things that each ship does better than the other. But RC's prices appear much higher.

I'm on the AOS next February and it is a couple of hundred more than the Caribbean Princess. The only reason I have not switched is because I'm cruising with a group that met last February on the Serenade.

I'm not sure why people think the cabins are small - the lower end balcony cabins are 185 square feet with the noram 40 sq ft balcony. The minisuites are larger than the junior suites.

You can't lose with which ever one you choose.

I'm not sure why people think the cabins are small - the lower end balcony cabins are 185 square feet with the noram 40 sq ft balcony. The minisuites are larger than the junior suites.

The mini-suites on Princess have the same cabin space as the standard balcony cabins on Royal. Not sure what lower end balcony cabins you are referring to because on Princess the cabin size is the same, (even on inside cabins) it is the balconies that are larger with different categories. The junior suites on Royal are definitely bigger than the mini-suites on Princess.

Archived