Cab fare to public garden,Halifax

I can't answer your question. However, if you have the time it is a great walk. there are things to see all along the Harbourfront and then you go up to Spring Garden Road which is a great street with shops and restaurants.

I just went to google maps and asked for directions from Pier 21 to The Lord Nelson Hotel, which is across from the gardens and it says it takes about 23 minutes to walk. It is 1.8 kilometres or a bit over a mile.

They say it is a 4 to 6 minute drive.

The taxi should not be too expensive. They are on meters.

If you are able and it is a nice day, I would walk it. The previous poster mentioned that the cabs are metered but bear in mind that the area is quite congested when cruise ships are in and the meter ticks while you wait in traffic. It is a very safe area and walking is not a problem.

You also pass some very nice shops as you walk up Spring Garden Road---a plus no?

As previously suggested, if you can, walk to the public gardens. It's not too far. If you can't (or don't want to) walk it, depending on traffic and such it will probably cost $10-15 cdn from the pier.

If you do walk to the park, make sure you walk up Spring Garden Rd to the park, and then go back via Citadel Hill. You'll get a beautiful view of the city and harbour from the hill.

Enjoy your trip.

The city slopes uphill from the waterfront and yes it is a bit steep at first. You could certainly take a cab to the Public Gardens and then walk back which would be all level or downhill. In that case get the cab to take you up Citadel Hill on your way to the gardens.

The hill is somewhat steep, but my 86 y/o mother and I did it this past Thursday-took a few breaks to catch our breaths, but not a bad walk! You could hop on FRED, and it would drop you off right at the gardens (which are magnificent-not to be missed!) Enjoy!

Archived