Cave Tubing

Mr&MrsSmith

We are excited about booking our cave tubing but are wondering if there are differences between the companies? :rolleyes:

They seem about the same in price...now I'm wondering which has smaller groups (to prevent the cattle feel). Also do they all use the same caves and spend about the same time there?

Thanks for all the help.

Any of the independent companies will give you a better experience than the ship sponsored one. Lots less people, more supervision. There are several reputable companies that are frequently discussed on these boards, pick one of those and you will be fine. They all use the same cave system, and all offer pretty much the same amount of time tubing, some offer a lunch, some don't. One difference is that lots of the companies have you floating in a "chain" of tubes...........you are linked by your feet to the tube in front of you. We used X-STREAM cave tubing company and we were free floating down the river. At least that's how it was two years ago. It's a great, fun, excursion, no matter who you go with.

We just returned from our Belize trip (9/5-12) After much research I decided on ncgadventures.com. This is run by a husband and wife, Nacho and Cynthia. After I emailed, Nacho called me promptly with all the info I needed. You always have doubts about things working out as planned when you are 2000 miles from home but this was as advertised. No surprises. Nacho was where he said he would be (easy to find). Other larger tours were herding people into buses and waiting for large groups. There were 4 other ppl that joined us so we had a small group that made the trip easier and more personal. Nacho will tell you to try and depart the ship as fast as possible to beat the other groups. We had trouble with this but he was wating on us none the less. We added zip lining to our tour. We had no wait and it was awesome. Then off to the caves. This is where going with Nacho proved wise. Because of heavy rains the usual caves were closed for safety reasons. Nacho was able to divert us to a diferent cave system and we were the only group that I know of that was able to do the tubing. After we had a great lunch at the Jaguar Paw resort.(included) We spoke with several ppl who went with other tours ( I wont mention) and they were disappointed in the large number of ppl and the loss of cave tubing. If you follow Nacho's directions you will have a smooth and fun trip. It was like visiting a friend who had everything planned for you.

I have been cave tubing in Belize twice. The first company was great.

They had a van for our group of 12. It is a long ride to the caves but our driver was great and with so many of us the time flew. Once at the site he locked our belongings in the van. We walked to a dry cave very cool.

Then a leisurely stroll through the jungle, where our guide would stop now and then to point out various plant life and what they use each for. We did 3 caves, went back to the parking area had lunch and returned to the ship. A great day.

The second time went with family who wanted to do the caves. Booked with a company that was highly recommended on this site. No one including my 18 year old grandson enjoyed this excursion. We arrive on time they have a bus waiting but told not to board. After 1/2 hour we were told to walk to the end of the street and catch that bus. We did ,then that bus took up back to the original spot where we started. A tour of Belize city so things are looking up and we are on our way. After a long ride we drop off the atv group at a hut. No time for anyone to use the restrooms as we are running behind. Reach the cave tubing site told to leave belongings on bus it would be locked. Raced through the jungle, only to wait at the waters edge for the atv group. After a while some of the people were really getting anoided. When the atv group finally showed we were told we only had time to do one cave as the were really behind schedule. Back to the bus and there it is filled with people, to my knowledge no one was missing anything. We stop at the hut and are told the lunch we paid for in advance we did not have time to eat. Instead they brought beer, soda, water, and snacks on the bus which we ate on the way back. I am on vacation and as I stated it is a long ride back and their are people on this bus going off on the tour operator. Not a fun ride, but saw their point. We arrive back at port in time to catch the last tender.

So Yes there is a big difference in tour companys.

Wow! This has really got me scared as I have reserved 6 spots on this excursion for the atv and cave tubing. I have had many emails back and forth with the company and they have always been quick to respond. I have also read many great reviews about this company as I am sure you probably did too. Now I don't know what to do!

Should I think of it as a one time situation and that they were having a bad day and keep my reservation or what?? I have 15 more days before my cruise so I guess I am back to doing some more research.

Bevie.

dont see why it wouldnt be permitted. If you have an oppinion about a company we should be able to voice it. I thought thats what this site was for...so we could give each other our .02 cents about cruise related topics ;)

:D:D lol

Wow! This has really got me scared as I have reserved 6 spots on this excursion for the atv and cave tubing. I have had many emails back and forth with the company and they have always been quick to respond. I have also read many great reviews about this company as I am sure you probably did too. Now I don't know what to do!

Should I think of it as a one time situation and that they were having a bad day and keep my reservation or what?? I have 15 more days before my cruise so I guess I am back to doing some more research.

I've got one booked through cave-tubing for the week of the 27th and I'm going to keep the reservation. There were like 100 good reviews and I've only read 1-2 bad ones, including this one.

Bevie.

By all means if your doing both atv and caving tubing keep your reservation. The people that did both were not complaining as they were

not the group doing all the waiting that was just the people that only did the cave tubing only.

I chalk this experience up to live and learn. If a tour is offering two excurisions in one. Then I will either do both or look for a tour that is just doing what I am interested in.

We just returned from our Belize trip (9/5-12) After much research I decided on ncgadventures.com. This is run by a husband and wife, Nacho and Cynthia. After I emailed, Nacho called me promptly with all the info I needed. You always have doubts about things working out as planned when you are 2000 miles from home but this was as advertised. No surprises. Nacho was where he said he would be (easy to find). Other larger tours were herding people into buses and waiting for large groups. There were 4 other ppl that joined us so we had a small group that made the trip easier and more personal. Nacho will tell you to try and depart the ship as fast as possible to beat the other groups. We had trouble with this but he was wating on us none the less. We added zip lining to our tour. We had no wait and it was awesome. Then off to the caves. This is where going with Nacho proved wise. Because of heavy rains the usual caves were closed for safety reasons. Nacho was able to divert us to a diferent cave system and we were the only group that I know of that was able to do the tubing. After we had a great lunch at the Jaguar Paw resort.(included) We spoke with several ppl who went with other tours ( I wont mention) and they were disappointed in the large number of ppl and the loss of cave tubing. If you follow Nacho's directions you will have a smooth and fun trip. It was like visiting a friend who had everything planned for you.

We are in Belize in November and your glowing review caught my eye but I can't locate ncgadventures.com on the net. Could you please confirm their contact info?

Thank you!!!

Archived