Rainforest/Luqillo/Bio Bay Combined tour

questor

We will arrive on Jan.7th for our cruise which leaves on the 9th at 8pm. That gives us all day Friday. Any recommendations for a tour company that combines all three as my husband does not want to rent a car. I've seen the trio listed on a hotel deal that ends in Dec. (couldn't get the tour name), one website where the contact link failed. We will be in the Condado area. I like the option at Cabeza where you visit the lighthouse and then visit the bay via boardwalk.

There's a company that does a combined El Yunque and Fajardo biobay (via kayak) tour. I believe they also stop at the kiosks in Luquillo for "dinner" before heading to the biobay. or maybe they just have you grab a bite at one of the places in Las Croabas (where they launch the kayaks). I forget.

There are no combined tours that include the night walking tour inside of Las Cabezas nature reserve, to my knowledge.

Your really best bet (economically and time-wise) would be to rent a car and do things a la carte. It's $3 or $4 to park at Balnearion Monserrate in Luquillo. The rain forest is free. So your only other cost would be the biobay tour (however you decide to do it).

Do a Google search for "things to do in north east puerto rico" to track down details, directions and contact info.

Hope this helps.

questor - we are leaving on Adventure the day after you! We are also staying in Condado and want to go to the rainforest so we are renting a car from Charlies at the airport and then dropping it off in Condado and they will shuttle us to the pier. It sounds like a great deal with the taxi fare savings to the hotel and then to the port and allows us to visit the rainforest on our own time. If you do rent a car you could then drive to Vieques and do the biobay tour from there - it is said to be better than the one from Farjado. Just wanted to encourage you in that direction as to me it seems like a great idea!:)

Have a great cruise, whatever you decide!

We intend to fly in two nites before cruise (haven't booked the flight) yet and rent an auto from Charlies so that we can go to the Rain Forest and Luquillo. I don't think we'll do the BioBay as I am not that keen on driving in the dark in a strange place. Have you booked your car yet? Does Charlies require a prepayment?

Yes, we did book the car. No, they do not require a pre-payment. We are not going to do the biobay this trip either. We plan to return for another cruise on the Adventure in January 2011 and I would like to do it then. We will have day-time driving experience in Puerto Rico by that time!

Archived