Why do you bring booze onboard?

TexasHorseLady

PG: I understand some people do more 'preaching' than doing what is right. However there are some of us who really do try and obey the laws of the land, contracts, etc.. I don't call that a 'messaih complex' to do what's right. Maybe we just hold a different set of standards of what's right and what's wrong, especially those of us who hold our 'faith' dear.

Well, that is my point,, I have seen some very judgemental posts.. on certain topics, smoking, dress code and liquor,, and yet,, I am pretty sure that some of those who CLAIM they like to follow rules,, do not actually follow ALL the rules either.. just the rules they decide are important.

In fact, in one particular set of posts,, a poster said she couldn't sleep with her cabin door open because of the smoker on the balcony next to her.

The smoker was NOT breaking any rules, she was allowed to smoke on balcony.

I pointed out that the cruiseline has a sign posted that cabin doors are NOT to be propped open,, that by doing that you are in fact disrupting the air conditioning, not only of your cabin, but others near you.

Poster claimed she liked to hear the ocean at night. In her mind the rule didn't apply to her, ,because in her mind she was not hurting anyone.. I guess. But in fact ,, she was,, inadvertantly altering the ac.. but when I mentioned it,, well, she certainly didn't seem to care.

Interesting no??

I don't really care if poster sleeps with door open or not,, but thought it was ironic she was complaining about someones elses behaviour .

PS. I hold my "faith dear"m too, and in my faith ,, judgement is the LAST of the qualities one should display. Love, kindness and forgiveness come first.

PS. I hold my "faith dear"m too, and in my faith ,, judgement is the LAST of the qualities one should display. Love, kindness and forgiveness come first.

PG: For fear of turning this into a 'religious' thread, I have one last thing to say on this subject. I do agree with you about judging as we will be judged according to our own judgements of others. However, people seem to be more vocal about 'smuggling' alcohol onboard. They signed a contract that prohibits it and then they talk about why it is ok to break it. By I (and others) speaking up and saying it's wrong, is not being 'judgmental'. A contract is a contract and we are just stating the obvious... Just as you did with the lady who propped her balcony door open (I'm not sure if this is in the contracts we sign but you still let her know that it was wrong to do). What's the difference with you speaking up or me speaking up? I don't believe either of us are being 'judgmental'...

As one lady put it earlier on this thread, "It is still cheating no matter how you try and justify it.

Also, I wish we lived in a world where EVERYONE lived by (your words) "Love, Kindness, and Forgiveness! What a world that would be... :)

It's nice to be able to bring on a 6-pack of the local beer or a bottle of wine when you stop in various ports to enjoy in your cabin before dinner.

It doesn't stop me from purchasing my daily bar beverages on whatever cruise i'm on.

I agree with this. I bought a bottle of local liquor at the first port on our first cruise and didn't know about the 'no booze' rule and no one checked my shopping bag. It was quite delicious and I would like to do same wherever we are.

I suppose people can vote with dollars best of all.

We cruise Princess ,, and one( but not the most important reason of course) reason is they ALLOW one to bring on some wine. I suggest anyone who wants to bring some wine on board cruise a line that allows it,, I think a few other lines do too. So not need to "smuggle" at all.

I am still a bit baffled as to why wine is ok,, but beer or coolers are not?? Hmm,, what about wine coolers??( do you have those in States?) ..

We do have wine coolers. They were very popular for a time, with Seagrams and Bartles and James battling it out for mkt share. Not sure how popular they are now, but you can find them in the liquor and grocery stores still.

Thanks,, I posted another more specific post and found out that Princess does not in fact carry or serve coolers.

Maybe I should bring my own,, LOL ,,,

Archived