Da House in Old San Juan - review

questor

We stayed in at Da House after seeing it mentioned in a tour book and researching on these boards. Using their website I chose a room that wasn't suppose to be too noisy.

When I checked in I was told it would be loud there, but they didn't have another room available for a two night stay. We found it a charming experience, but not one that we would repeat due to the noise and lack of an elevator.

Pros: location in Old San Juan, price, very friendly and helpful staff, unique building with original art, well maintained and clean; we loved the large shuttered windows with tiny balcony

Cons: nightclub across from narrow alley (this is side where you enter) parties until around 3 a.m.; street front also has a lot of noise (especially garbage and street cleaning); no place to open suitcases except for the floor (this was our 1st stop before a 14 day cruise with 2 day post stay); no elevator (you climb a flight of stairs to reach the lobby and there are at least two floors of rooms above that); as there is art in each room you have to let them run a blank credit card transaction as a security deposit (we had trouble getting ours back at the end as promised as the clerk couldn't find it readily)

Thanks for posting that review! I had considered staying there next January before our cruise but was concerned about the noise so chose a hotel in the Condado area, although we will go to Old San Juan for the evening. It is good to get information from people who have been there!

Archived