Day passes to St. Thomas resorts?

jayhjay

In many of the ports I have read about resorts that offer day passes including food, drinks, chairs, use of pools and restrooms, etc. Do any of the resorts at St. Thomas offer something similar? We don't do much in the way of water sports, so only would want someplace with a nice beach and relaxing atmosphere. Secret Harbour has been suggested, any others?

So far,reading these posts I haven't heard of any. I'm lookinf for the same thing. I've emailed secret harbour but no reply yet. I'll let you know if I hear from them. If anyone has any ideas,let us know!

Laura

I think you do not need a resort here at all. Simply take the taxi from the port to Magens Bay beach. It is always on the list of one of the best beaches in the world, has food and showers are available also. What more could you ask for?

Hello,

I don't know of any resort in the USVI that offers day passes that include food, drinks. The majority do not allow pool usage to non-guests (the only one I have gotten a yes from is Emerald Beach, that was several months ago - good idea to double check). Most charge non-guests for chair usage (Secret Harbor charges I think $5 a chair). Restaurants/bar are open to all paying customers.

Some folks have gone in and just acted like they were guests and gone un-noticed, others have been turned away. Also, I have read comments that some have called and gotten favorable replies concerning day passes and others in calling the same place got a no...

--Islander

We were with Godfrey over Christmas and he took us to Sapphire Beach. It was very nice and not very crowded. There is a resort/hotel there so you can rent snorkeling equipment, beach chairs, floatees, etc. There is a bar and restaurant and also a small gift shop where you can buy canned soda and ice cream bars. The sand is absolutely beautiful and the water was very clear. A couple of members of our party snorkeled and really saw some beautiful fish. I just laid out in the sun/sea and enjoyed a beautiful time. Oh, but there isn't a pool. . .

• 2 weeks later...

The Inn at Blackbeards Castle does allow day guests. It has three pools however no beach because it is in the center of town. They consider it a "tour" of the place because there is alot of historical stuff there but you have use of all the facilities for the day.The cost is $12.00 per person. They also have a buffet lunch for an extra $9 per person. I haven't done this yet but plan to in May. I called them directly and they gave me the above info.

Laura

Last year the concierge on our ship told us that he had an agreement with the Ritz for passengers. I took a cab there while DH golfed and had a beautiful day. I bought lunch at the pool with cash and no one asked a thing. I wasn't worried though, as I had the conceriege's name with me. Check with your ship's concierge.

Last year the concierge on our ship told us that he had an agreement with the Ritz for passengers. I took a cab there while DH golfed and had a beautiful day. I bought lunch at the pool with cash and no one asked a thing. I wasn't worried though, as I had the conceriege's name with me. Check with your ship's concierge.

How much was your cab fare to the Ritz from port? Is the Ritz next to a beach?

I don't remember cab fare..sorry! The beach was small at the Ritz, kind of in a cove..It was beautiful, though! The pools were great, I had a wonderful day. My husband golfed with a ship excursion, so we went our seperate ways that day. Enjoy! This year we're doing a daysail on Winifred!!

I don't remember cab fare..sorry! The beach was small at the Ritz, kind of in a cove..It was beautiful, though! The pools were great, I had a wonderful day. My husband golfed with a ship excursion, so we went our seperate ways that day. Enjoy! This year we're doing a daysail on Winifred!!

BTW, which ship were you on?

Since we are a party of 10 (6 adults and 4 small children), we would be noticed if we show up without prior knowledge whether we can use the pool facility or not. I checked out the Ritz site and it's absolutely beautiful. It's perfect for the little ones! I don't mind paying whatever needed to use that facility. I sent an email to them, but I'm not sure whether I would hear back from them before we leave for Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks for your idea though. I'll find out whether there are chain resorts on ST. Thomas and email them accordingly.

BTW, which ship were you on?

Since we are a party of 10 (6 adults and 4 small children), we would be noticed if we show up without prior knowledge whether we can use the pool facility or not. I checked out the Ritz site and it's absolutely beautiful. It's perfect for the little ones! I don't mind paying whatever needed to use that facility. I sent an email to them, but I'm not sure whether I would hear back from them before we leave for Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks for your idea though. I'll find out whether there are chain resorts on ST. Thomas and email them accordingly.

We were on RCCL Adventure of the Seas. We were in a suite, so I had asked the concierge in the lounge about where I could go. He said not to even check in at the desk, just walk out to the pool and if anyone questioned me, to use his name. They took cash for drinks and lunch, it was really perfect!

I just spoke to Doribel at Emerald Beach Resort and she said as long as we buy lunch and drinks that we can spend the day there and use their pool and beach at no additional charge.Just go to the front deck and ask for her.

Laura

We took a land vacation at the Ritz and it is beautiful although food is so-so and extremely expensive. It is also a 20-30 minute cab ride from the ship. I would recommend taking the ferry to St. John instead. You can rent beach chairs and purchase hamburgers and snacks at Trunk Bay. This is so much more of an "experience" than the Ritz would be IMO.

I was on the Destiny several weeks ago, and we took a cab to Sapphire Beach.

I had stayed at the resort last summer, so I knew I wanted to go there. We paid $5 each for a chair (free to resort guests, obviously). They also rent snorkel equipment, although I brought my own.

There is a pool at Sapphire which is nice. We spent a lot of time there when we stayed at the resort. I don't know if cruise guests are allowed to use it or not.

There is also a restaurant, bar and restroom which you are welcome to use.

It is a beautiful beach, and they were welcoming to cruise ship passengers, unlike some other places I've been to.

• 1 month later...

I've been to the Ritz for a day as well as Meagan's Bay for a day on past cruises. The Ritz wins hands down. I was so looking forward to Meagan's Bay and talked the group I was with to go there. It turned out to be very touristy and crowded. You had to wait in a long, slow line just to pay to get chairs that you had to shlep yourself and setup. Not what I had in mind for a vacation. Ritz was more relaxing. Had a good lunch on the beach. We paid a day rate for the room. Just don't remember how much. Going on the Winifred next week for a day sail.

Archived