Subject lines that mean nothing...

joker7834

I am fairly new to the board and am amazed by the subject lines that mean nothing. Just saw one that was something like "anyone been on this excursion" and another that was "dumb question". Seems to me that the subject line should be as concise and short as possioble. Maybe I've just been writing business e-mails too long.

I am fairly new to the board and am amazed by the subject lines that mean nothing. Just saw one that was something like "anyone been on this excursion" and another that was "dumb question". Seems to me that the subject line should be as concise and short as possioble. Maybe I've just been writing business e-mails too long.
I feel the same way. You'll get used to it. :D

I'm new here at CC too...but...it seems that the "dumb question" subject was pretty concise and short to me.:D

I didn't read that thread...so I'm guessing that the OP had a question that they wished to ask in this big white box and not in the subject line.

I usually find myself reading down each thread and don't pay attention to the subject line. If the post doesn't interest me...I just go to the next one.

If you limit your reading to just the clear and consise subject lines....you'll be missing out on a lot of great posts.

Welcome to CC!

The only ones that drive me up a wall are the ones that the subject is the person's screen name. I can't for the life of me figure out that one.:confused: Even if someone is a VERY 1st time poster, all they have to do is take a look around and see using your name is not the norm.

If it says dumb question, I usually look at it to see how dumb.:p:D

sounds like the subject line you just used.

BG

I also find it frustrating.

1. I have a slower computer, so I hate to waste my computer time opening up a discussion that has no interest to me.

2. Yes, SOMETIMES scrolling over the subject line will give you an idea of the subject. But so often, the ones that have a subject line such as "Please help" will also be a little wordy to begin with, as in "On another Cruise Critic board there was a discussion . . . ." So that is no help.

3. I have very little luck getting the search engine to yield anything of value. Maybe it's just me. Therefore, I'm not critical of people who don't use it. Especially newbies.:)

So bottom line: I agree with OP. I'm just more wordy about it.:D

Kathy

The only ones that drive me up a wall are the ones that the subject is the person's screen name. I can't for the life of me figure out that one.:confused: Even if someone is a VERY 1st time poster, all they have to do is take a look around and see using your name is not the norm.

If it says dumb question, I usually look at it to see how dumb.:p:D

Perhaps they feel they are the SUBJECT that the question is about or for. LOL

Archived