Seeking Christmas cruising ideas

gbphipps

We are considering the Century 5 day cruise 12/21-12/26 and would like to know what the cruise line might offer and what we should bring ourselves in order to make the holiday special. I have done a search but have not found much information. If you have cruised on Christmas on Celebrity how was it?

My dh and I will be traveling with our 18 year old daughter (so no need for Santa secrecy) and an adult friend and her companion. We have had a very difficult year and are looking for something completely different and fun. We appreciate any information you might share.

We are interested in learning about religious services onboard, caroling and sing-a-longs,Christmas shows, special decorations, Cruise critic holiday cabin crawls/gift exchange/caroling (saw only an inactive roll call for this sailing), anything else? All ideas to make the holiday cruise memorable while keeping Christ in Christmas will be welcome.

We are considering the Century 5 day cruise 12/21-12/26 and would like to know what the cruise line might offer and what we should bring ourselves in order to make the holiday special. I have done a search but have not found much information. If you have cruised on Christmas on Celebrity how was it?

My dh and I will be traveling with our 18 year old daughter (so no need for Santa secrecy) and an adult friend and her companion. We have had a very difficult year and are looking for something completely different and fun. We appreciate any information you might share.

We are interested in learning about religious services onboard, caroling and sing-a-longs,Christmas shows, special decorations, Cruise critic holiday cabin crawls/gift exchange/caroling (saw only an inactive roll call for this sailing), anything else? All ideas to make the holiday cruise memorable while keeping Christ in Christmas will be welcome.

All Celebrity ships have Midnight Mass, organized caroling by passengers and crew----moderate amount of decoration...Santa visit with pictures

Years ago I did a RCL cruise for xmas and they gave out a nice little xmas gift. It was a nice glass picture frame plus I think something else. Does Celebrity do anything like that?

This is going to sound strange but I am cruising with my son's ex gf this xmas. She is like a daughter to me. What we are going to do is try to get each other an inexpensive gift in each stop before xmas. We have capped it at $5.00. I think that will add some fun to the cruise.

I have been on a lot of cruises around the holidays and one thing you will not have to worry about is decorations, they do an absolutely wonderful job.

gbphipps - we were on the Century year before last for Christmas and we are booked on the Dec. 21 - 26 this year. I would describe it as subdued. The atrium was decorated with groupings of fake trees and poinsettias on the stairs. It made for very pretty formal pictures. Santa "landed" on the top deck. I don't remember anything special about Christmas dinner and I'm pretty sure that there wasn't a Christmas carol sing-a-long. I did like the show however. Cast members came out and sang carols accompanied by a guitar. Very low key. Also, the acapella group (sp?), Ocean's Four, did entertain throughout the ship. Of course, it could be entirely different this year.

Have you checked out the Rollcall for this cruise?

Thanks for the info CruisinNole. If you have booked Century for Christmas twice, that is a good recommendation that the experience pleased you the first time. I don't mind subdued and classy in my celebrations as long as it isn't subdued and morose. lol Your description sounds very nice.

I have checked out the roll call (made the 8th post so this short thread is as long as the whole roll call for the cruise -- sigh). It doesn't sound as if we'll be getting up a big Cruise Critic caroling party. lol Perhaps since there won't be a party on the short cruise no one bothers to join the thread? I am just speculating because it seems the opposite should be true --without an organized get-together people might be more interested in making independent plans to gather. Was this the case with your roll call last year as well? Is there something about a Christmas cruise -- often focussed on the family? I am reaching here I guess...

Thanks for the info CruisinNole. If you have booked Century for Christmas twice, that is a good recommendation that the experience pleased you the first time. I don't mind subdued and classy in my celebrations as long as it isn't subdued and morose. lol Your description sounds very nice.

I have checked out the roll call (made the 8th post so this short thread is as long as the whole roll call for the cruise -- sigh). It doesn't sound as if we'll be getting up a big Cruise Critic caroling party. lol Perhaps since there won't be a party on the short cruise no one bothers to join the thread? I am just speculating because it seems the opposite should be true --without an organized get-together people might be more interested in making independent plans to gather. Was this the case with your roll call last year as well? Is there something about a Christmas cruise -- often focussed on the family? I am reaching here I guess...

Hi gbphipps - just read your posts on the Rollcall. Sorry I didn't see that you had already signed up. I just returned from my mother's funeral and I'm trying to get caught up on the tons of emails that have accumulated.

Our rollcall didn't organize a get-together on our last cruise but I bet we can rally this rollcall to do something. I think it would be fun. I think you're right about the focus on the family but we had a really nice time even as a couple. And not to worry -- the cruise wasn't morose at all. It seemed that the staff was a little more congnizant of the fact that not everyone celebrates Christmas. There could have been caroling and we just missed it. We love celebrating the holidays on a cruise. We've already booked next Christmas on the Radiance.

My condolences on your mother Dotty. I lost my Mom last year. A cruise for Christmas is the right way to "get out there" I think.

I think after the Century we will be hooked on Christmas cruising as well. Thanks!

Yes we will have to spur the roll call into action! lol

Archived