Curious about Miracle's October cruises

stargate fan

Carnival Miracle is sailing a cruise to nowhere out of New York from October 15-17. We are sailing on her out of Fort Lauderdale on October 19. Obviously, she is repositioning from NYC to FLL between the 17th and the 19th. Since there have been no bookings showing for these dates, does that mean that:

1) She is sailing empty? and

2) We may be able to embark very early on the 19th since there will be no passengers having to clear customs nor rooms needing to be made up in a hurry?

I am hoping that someone who has a confidant on the inside can answer my questions. ;)

Thanks

They may use this time as a mini dry dock and clean som things up on the ship. Embarkation would depend on when the ship is cleared.

I was thinking it may be something like cleaning and replacing a carpet or two. But wasn't Miracle just in dry dock a few months back for propulsion issues? Surely the inside would have been maintained as well as the outside, no?

I am hoping for easy (and early) embarkation.

Thanks for the information, my wife and I will be sailing on the Miracle on October 19 also. We leave for the cruise on the 17th and will be staying in SoBe. So we won't be able to watch and see if she might get in early or not. I didn't realize that our cruise would be the first one back out of Port Everglades. Thanks again, we are so looking forward to our cruise. We leave in just 33 days.:)

I believe Miracle is making a deadhead to FLL, and there won't be any passengers to get off, but I don't see why they would want to board earlier than 11:00 am.

Do you have any idea why she would be sailing empty? I am just curious. Heck, I would have booked the two extra days.

As for embarking early, a girl can hope, right? :D

I was on the Carnival Victory's first sailing of the season out of NYC in 2006 and 2007. We arrived in the afternoon in 2006, but we were there around 10:30am in 2007 and we walked right on the ship. Easiest embarkation ever! I hope it is the same for you!

stargate fan: I don't know for sure, but I would guess that it has something to do with the law that says a foreign flagged vessel may not ferry passengers from consecutive US ports.

I was on the Carnival Victory's first sailing of the season out of NYC in 2006 and 2007. We arrived in the afternoon in 2006, but we were there around 10:30am in 2007 and we walked right on the ship. Easiest embarkation ever! I hope it is the same for you!

stargate fan: I don't know for sure, but I would guess that it has something to do with the law that says a foreign flagged vessel may not ferry passengers from consecutive US ports.

Well, smack my forehead...I bet that's why she is sailing empty. :rolleyes: Duh to me.

And thanks for the early embarkation wishes.

Archived