Where to stay at Denali?

Sherry H

Are you going to have a car???? Touch of Wilderness B&B in Healy always gets my vote. I have stayed there many times and always with consistant excellent service. If no transportation- look at the Denali Bluffs or the Grand Denali.

We have booked the Earthsong Lodge for next August for our family of five. It looks like a great place to stay. I've talked to Jon and he's a really nice guy. We can hardly wait until then! It's about 13 miles north of Denali in Healy so you need a car.

Yes, we will have a car. Any thoughts on the Denali River cabins and Ceders Lodge?

We stayed at the Denali cabins. Nice little place. Extremely clean. Individual log cabins, all pine paneling, VERY Alaska, like a mountain cabin. Nice hot tub in the middle of complex. Entire complex is set in the trees. There is a restaurant on site, but it closes about the 20th of August (we were there in Sept). OK restaurant about 4 miles away.

This small complex is about 12 miles from the main part of Denali (train station, gift shops, restaurants, etc). And if you smoke, it is NO smoking in the cabins.

Would I stay there again? Yes

Denali River Cabins !! I stayed there June of last year. Stay in the cabins not in the hotel. They are clean and quiet we loved it. Gives you a feel of being in the out of doors of Alaska. They have a restaurant there. But also there is a nice resort next door that the tours use. I can't remember the name and they have a really good breakfast buffet that we went to. It is a short walk across the parking lot. I did not feel we missed anything by not staying in "the village" there we some shops and restaurants but you can easily do that in one day. I would love to go back and stay there again.

Cabin sounds like a nice change from nights in lodges and hotels. Getting good ideas here! Thanks all!! Now that I am looking at Cabins, I spotted "Denali Grizzly Bear Cabins" and they look good too! Anybody stayed there?

Archived