Windsurf / Sea Conditions on Barbados cruises November / December

hampshirelad

• 1 month later...

I was wondering the exact same thing. I'm surprised no one had responded to this thread.

We are only used to the big ships. I'd love to try Windstar, but I'm concerned about the seasick factor.

Can anyone speak to that?

Thanks!

Can any one tell me what the sea conditions were like on the Barbados - Southern route Cruise end of November early December.

Many Thanks

We sailed the Eastern Caribbean some years ago at Thanksgiving on the Dawn Princess. We called on 2 ports this cruises visits - Barbados and St. Lucia. Conditions are always subject to change, but the weather and sea conditions were magnificent - warm sunny days with light seas.

I hope we are all that fortunate.

Can any one tell me what the sea conditions were like on the Barbados - Southern route Cruise end of November early December.

Many Thanks

We did this trip 2 years ago in late December and the seas were fine. We had lots of sports platform days.

Enjoy your cruise!

Anyone going on this Barbados round trip cruise? Aware of any private excursions or sharing a driver at some of the ports? We have done several Windstar cruises & usually do not take the ship's excursions. Ports include St Martin, St Kitts, st. Barts, Gaudalupe, St Lucia. Thanks!

We took the Barbados R/T on Windsurf in Dec. of 2008 and LOVED it--loved it so much, in fact, that we will be back onboard this December!

Sails were up 98% of the time; only a tad choppy the 1st day out of Barbados--otherwise, smooth as glass for the remaining 6 days.

(I was somewhat disappointed as I like a rough sea :p)

We will be on the December 6th R/T Barbados sailing on the Wind Surf. Keep in mind that Barbados is the most eastern of the Carribean islands. What will be will be.

As you look at the map, it appears that we will be on the western side of many of the ports of call (seas should be calmer).

Dog and Cat

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I sailed on the Windstar this past Feb in Costa Rica. On the final day of our cruise, we had a fabulous beach bbq on a great beach. I am wondering if the Windsurf has anything like this planned???? Trying to plan all our excursions and would hate to schedule something that would conflict with a beach party! 17 more days!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived