1st time cruisers requesting info on adult excursion

mcveemack

My husband and I are taking our first cruise onboard the Carnival Triumph on November 10th and will be stopping in Cozumel. Since we are leaving our 3 children at home and hardly ever get some adult time, we are looking for a nice relaxing excursion for adults (preferably). We have never been to the area so any information is extremely helpful. None of the excursions offered by the cruise ship seem to appealing. Looking for beach experience, drinks, food, etc. :rolleyes:

I have already looked into that, but I am afraid that would get quite expensive. From what I understand, the 49.00 per person only covers the tour and not the drinks. Also, you need at least 10 people in order to book. I would hate to book it not knowing if I could gather that many people on the boat wanting to do it. I really dont want to spend my days on the ship asking people to join me in order to confirm the tour.

I am kind of leaning towards Nachi Cocom thinking there would probably not be a whole lot of kids in the middle of November. Looks very relaxing and also not very crowded due to the 100 person cut off.

Another excursion is the All inclusive Aura Wyndham Adult only resort. Has anyone experienced this, if so, is it worth it, how far from port, etc.

I will find my review of this excursion and copy it for you.

Cozumel:

We have a private tour set up in Cozumel, for a group of 13.

The Grand docked in Cozumel.

Two taxis take us over to a pier where we head out for an all day adventure on a boat.

We fish, snorkel, spinnaker, tan & have lunch cooked for us onboard this boat.

A 3 man crew really took care of our group.

We caught a barracuda..... and cooked him up for lunch as well. Yum !

Lunch was fajitas and pasta salad & beans..... and plenty of drinks.

Avacado dip prepared on the boat w/chips..... so good !

Before lunch, they took us (via small rubber boat) over to a deserted island. I think it was called Passion Island. We called it Gilligan's Island. There was no activity on the island. Just us. Very nice.

I highly recommend this private tour. We had a really good time. We were out for about 7 hours and it cost $80.00 per person. Try comparing that with the ship's tours.

Included all food & drinks, including alcohol.

• 4 weeks later...

Contact the owners and let them know of your time line. You will have to get off the ship early andthe taxi ride is about 15 minutes. They will have a cab waiting for you upon your return to get back to the port. We were in Cozumel and sailed withthe last March and are scheduling with them again for over Christmas Break!

Archived