norwegian spirit ghost?

disneybound1

I know this is going to sound sooo strange!! But its been on my mind a lot lately and just have to ask!!!

I am trying to find out if there has been any other sightings of a ghost on the Norwegian Spirit (which I just realized is eerie in itself!)

I was on a cruise with my husband and brother in law, his girlfriend, my sister and her friend 2 years ago on Norwegian Spirit in August. My sister was on the same floor as my brother in law. My hubby and I had a balcony room. So we were on a different floor.

My sister told me that someone was in her room the night before and then described the person in detail to me. Her and her friend that were sharing the room could not go to sleep with the light off (my sister was also screaming LOL).....the person vanished just as quickly as it appeared. I had originally thought she was joking and trying to scare me.

Then my brother in law met my hubby and me at the pool. His girlfriend started to tell me that she had a funny story for me and went into detail of how her boyfriend saw a person coming at him!!! I asked him what the person looked like, he described the same things as my sister did!!!!! I ran to get my sister and her and him started screaming.

I don't want to say the details here of what the person looked like etc. because I want to see if maybe someone else has been on that cruise ship and maybe saw someone or thought they did. After that I didn't even sleep with the lights off and I wasn't even on the same floor as them!

In the meantime I am going to keep searching but I wanted to post it somewhere to see if I get a response to this!!! I hope this was the correct place to post!!

Again we were on the cruise 2 years ago. Left out of NYC. I have been meaning to post this for so long but started a family and well life just got in the way......

I just keep thinking about it and was thinking that maybe someone else out there saw the same thing!!!!

They were on the floor right above the employee floor. I don't know if that is much help. (I don't remember the floor number....) Both occurences happened the same night, at night when they were obviously going to sleep. My brother in law was the only one that saw it in his room (my now sister in law was sleeping when he woke her up screaming for her to turn the light on!) and my sister was the only one that saw it in her room as her friend had her eyes closed (but was awake) My sister started to scream and ran to put on the light and made her friend turn on the tv.....My brother in law claimed the person came after him...my sister said it just stood there staring.....

(again I'm not saying details because I just need to know for myself if anyone had any other occurrences!!

Thanks! :)

I know this is going to sound sooo strange!! But its been on my mind a lot lately and just have to ask!!!

I am trying to find out if there has been any other sightings of a ghost on the Norwegian Spirit (which I just realized is eerie in itself!)

I was on a cruise with my husband and brother in law, his girlfriend, my sister and her friend 2 years ago on Norwegian Spirit in August. My sister was on the same floor as my brother in law. My hubby and I had a balcony room. So we were on a different floor.

My sister told me that someone was in her room the night before and then described the person in detail to me. Her and her friend that were sharing the room could not go to sleep with the light off (my sister was also screaming LOL).....the person vanished just as quickly as it appeared. I had originally thought she was joking and trying to scare me.

Then my brother in law met my hubby and me at the pool. His girlfriend started to tell me that she had a funny story for me and went into detail of how her boyfriend saw a person coming at him!!! I asked him what the person looked like, he described the same things as my sister did!!!!! I ran to get my sister and her and him started screaming.

I don't want to say the details here of what the person looked like etc. because I want to see if maybe someone else has been on that cruise ship and maybe saw someone or thought they did. After that I didn't even sleep with the lights off and I wasn't even on the same floor as them!

In the meantime I am going to keep searching but I wanted to post it somewhere to see if I get a response to this!!! I hope this was the correct place to post!!

Again we were on the cruise 2 years ago. Left out of NYC. I have been meaning to post this for so long but started a family and well life just got in the way......

I just keep thinking about it and was thinking that maybe someone else out there saw the same thing!!!!

They were on the floor right above the employee floor. I don't know if that is much help. (I don't remember the floor number....) Both occurences happened the same night, at night when they were obviously going to sleep. My brother in law was the only one that saw it in his room (my now sister in law was sleeping when he woke her up screaming for her to turn the light on!) and my sister was the only one that saw it in her room as her friend had her eyes closed (but was awake) My sister started to scream and ran to put on the light and made her friend turn on the tv.....My brother in law claimed the person came after him...my sister said it just stood there staring.....

(again I'm not saying details because I just need to know for myself if anyone had any other occurrences!!

Thanks! :)

We cruised on Spirit January 2009. Did not see, nor hear of, any ghosts. We're booked again on the NCL Spirit for Jan 2010, and will report any sitings.

• 2 weeks later...

It is so strange I just entered a google seach for ncl spirit spooks and your message came up, we will be traveling on the Spirit in January 2010 and was just looking for info on the ship. This is just weard. My inlaws will be staying on the 5th level which i think is one of the bottom levels, I will let you know if I hear anything.:eek:

Recently I went to a tour by a famous tv spiritualist. Long story short, she did a reading for a woman in the audiance who had lost her best friend to breast cancer recently. The spiritualist said at the end, "don't worry about your friend, she is leading the conka dance line on a cruise ship and having a ball." The woman in the audiance starting laughing and said this :)describes my friend to a tee!"

We were on the Spirit in Oct.-Nov. 2007 out of NYC-repo cruise for 2 weeks and no one reported seeing a ghost. Our CC group was over a 100 strong, many on balconies. Many of us decided to cruise together again, out of New Orleans on Nov. 1, 2008. Our group went a "Bloody Mary" cemetery tour Halloween night and believe me, we all saw spirits then!

I hope your next cruise is peaceful!!

FWIW, there's a thread going right now in the NCL forum about a ghost sighting on the Dawn's last cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1074292

Post #18 in the above thread gives details of the ghost on the Spirit, in case you're interested in the background of where they think she came from and where she is usually spotted.....

• 1 year later...

I was on the 4th of July cruise this summer and I think it was probably the second or third night and the following night something occurred. I stayed on the 11th floor with my step sister and little brother and sister. I woke up at night because I had heard something. The tv had gone black because the movie I was watching had ended after I had fallen asleep. I looked and I saw a man in a white suit, like a captains suit walking out of the room. I thought nothing of it at first like I was seeing things or something and I had gone back to sleep. As soon as I had drifted off something grabbed my foot and I shot up like a rocket a little more freaked out. I turned the channel to music and fell back asleep not wanting to wake anyone up thinking they would think I was crazy. I told everyone the next morning what had happened and we all laughed and went on with our day. Well that night after we had all gone to sleep. All the lights were off and the only light we had was the tv. I woke up this time to my older step sister shaking me awake asking if I had left the lights on. I had said no of course not, we had woke up to all the lights being turned on. So we were all kinda spooked out, this was at like 4 am. For the rest of the trip I hadn't noticed anything else but just thought I would share!

• 8 months later...

I was on the Norwegian Spirit out of New Orleans in January 2012 with three friends. Two of us did see the Layd Ghost in or room! I wonder if there is any way to find out the room number she died in. I think it may have been ours. If any one knows please let me know.

Archived