Canada cruise w/kids?

A&Jfamily

Anyone ever done the Canada cruise with kids? My DSs will be 6 and 11 next summer and I was thinking that a cruise to Halifax etc would be a nice change of pace since we have done the Carribean the last 3 years running.

Would love to hear about your experiences.

No - we spend a lot of time in Nova Scotia, so kids would totally not be interested. It's a beautiful area though. Here is a link to a review, some fun reading here, that crusinmama06 wrote about her Canadian adventure. Just try to skip through the nonsense that other people wrote.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1004642&highlight=triumph

We've taken our kids on four Canada cruises, and they've always had a great time. It is different from a Caribbean cruise - the weather tends to be "iffy," so there may or may not be a lot of activity on the Lido deck. On two of our cruises, the weather was so sunny and warm that the Lido deck looked like a Caribbean cruise. Other times, it's been cool and foggy. However, all of the usual cruise activites will be going on - they may just take place in some different areas. (On our first cruise, the hairy chest contest was in the main lounge!)

The two ports we've visited are Halifax (4X) and Saint John (3X). Halifax has tons of activities for kids - one I recommend is the Harbour Hopper tour, which is one of the duck boat cruises, 1/2 hour on land, 1/2 hour in the harbor. There are other boat tours as well that the kids would probably like. In Halifax, my kids liked the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, which has a Titanic display (the salvage ships sailed from Halifax and brought back the recovered bodies) and a 1913 ship, the Acadia, to visit. Saint John has less activities, but the kids liked it as well. Mostly we've done walking tours, although the first time we visited we took one of the horse-drawn trolley tours.

we did the Canada cruise on the Triumph in July

We loved it- my kids are 11 yo twins and a 13 yo

the kids had fun at both ports and the activities on board were great

the weather was cool and foggy but we did get some sun and the kids used the pool and waterslide on a few of the days

what I really loved was the ease of driving to the pier in NY- we live in CT

I would definitely take another cruise from NY

Good luck

Thanks rugrats. :D:D:D

A&J, the best part about being on a ship instead of driving (for me) was just sitting on the balcony or decks and looking for whales. But yes, we had a great time in port. Our cruise went to Saint John, NB.

It was very different. Something that I am very glad we did. The kids are STILL talking about "Chicken Little", the chicken we saw at the mini horse farm. Which is ironic since they have swam with both stingrays and dolphins, yet the chicken is what they talk about...LOL. :o

Going to Saint Martin (NB), we got to see the sea caves and how fast the tide rises (feet in just minutes). So that was very cool. :)

Archived