Cozumel,Deep Sea Fishing,through Carnival Excursion Dept.

TnMama

My DH very much wants to go deep sea fishing on our upcoming March sailing. We are sailing to Progresso and Cozumel. He's been googling charters for fishing. They are not cheap by any means. But today I saw on the Carnival Excursion listings that you can book through them for about 139.00 PP. {In Coz}I would really like to suprise him,if I can.:D as in let him think we cant afford it,but suprise him when we sail.

Have any of you Deep Sea fished through the Carnival Excursion Dept? I already know we wont be able to bring our catch back. But its something he VERY much wants to do,and me too for that matter.

Thanks in advance for your input!:)

• 4 months later...

tnmom,

I just booked with a charter company that i found here on the website. my dh too is dying to go deep sea fishing. first we were going to do the ship's excursion but i found out for the 4 of us, i can charter our own boat and snorkel too. if is is just your hubby going, you might be able to find someone in your roll call to split the charter with. we are actually coming out per person cheaper and there's only 4 of us. then dh can eat his catch at margaritaville later.

they are cozumel charters

My understanding is that if it's booked through the ship and not enough people book it, it can be cancelled. (as with any i suppose)

We will have a private boat for the 4 of us with a captain and deck hand for 6 hours cheaper than the ships price. oh, and a case of beer free! lol.

Archived