EMERALDS at CARTEGENA

2good2b

I have not been to Cartagena yet, but a friend showed me a lovely pair of emerald earrings she purchased at a shop called Mr. Emerald, owned by Lee Miles, in Cartagena. They are very lovely emeralds and her jeweler at home told her they are worth far more than the amount she paid for them (somewhere around $300., I believe). Good quality emeralds are NOT inexpensive. Here is the website she gave me. You can send an email to him asking about specific items you are looking for and he will write you back with suggestions and prices. I will be visiting his shop in December on our NCL Star Panama Canal trip! http://www.misteremerald.com/references.htm

You may find that they offer a crash course on emeralds on the Coral, in Facets, before you get to Cartegena and if they do it will be time well spent. You will find emeralds at all differnt prices but you may be best to rely on someone like Lee Miles. I bought a pair of emerald studs for DW and while they are lovely, they were $1,000 ....were they a bargin....I am afraid to find out, however I had to do a lot of negotiating to get them down to that price.

You may find that they offer a crash course on emeralds on the Coral, in Facets, before you get to Cartegena and if they do it will be time well spent. You will find emeralds at all differnt prices but you may be best to rely on someone like Lee Miles. I bought a pair of emerald studs for DW and while they are lovely, they were $1,000 ....were they a bargin....I am afraid to find out, however I had to do a lot of negotiating to get them down to that price.

I must have misunderstood about the price of my friend's earrings from Cartagena. She must have meant $300. (or so...) per EAR... and perhaps before setting! That is still a great price compared to the studs you bought, Putterdude!:eek: They must be REAL NICE QUALITY!

• 1 month later...

I picked up an emerald pendant from Mister Emerald on my recent stop there on the Coral Princess. Having just returned from picking up the pendant after having it appraised, I am EXTREMELY pleased with my purchase. The appraisal value is more then double what I paid.

Archived