Thong swim suits

SillySally13

Thanks for this post.

I'm 5'11" 135 pounds. Since I work outside I am in good physical condition - although mother nature and age is taking its toll.

I don't plan on "jumping in the pool" with my thong on, I just want to relax with my husband, sis and her DH and catch the sun from a lounge chair, and I will not be "parading" around the deck, (I wonder why everyone seems to think that is my intenton?) I plan on wearing a cover up to my chair and then enjoying the sun.

I do wish that children were not allowed in the adult pool area, but I don't think that will keep me from enjoying the sun. I plan on trying to find a descrete place to park so to speak!

I really started this post just to see if anyone else wore a thong like I plan on doing - NOT to show off, that is not my intention (I am happily married -and OLD!).

I just want to sun and have fun "WITH MY FAMILY"!

I will have fun - and you do the same;)

My reply was poorly phrased, I have reread it and can see why you thought I was having a shot at you though :)

I meant you should go for it you felt you could (or even just wanted to) and for those couldn't or wouldn't to respect your right to enjoy your holiday as you see fit......

Tbh I only posted as the reaction to what seemed an innocous question was in some cases disproportionately strident and mildly amusing, my wife and I had a chuckle about it, she's 41 and looks hot in thongs btw :P

If you were in Brazil, nobody would bat an eye..(my native country) as people wear thongs of all shapes and sizes and nobody really cares. It's a cultural thing.

Here, people will probably bat an eye only if you look ridiculous in it. It's up to you..if you have the confidence regardless of what your body looks like, you should do what make you feel comfortable. If you don't mind that people are going to look at you, then do it.

Even with a fit body, a thong on a 50 year old woman is still going to look way diffrent than a thong on a fit body of a 20 year or 30 year old.

It's up to you.

I have my swimsuits designed and sewen by Omar.

Omar the Tentmaker? Down on Third & Bazaar? Me too!! Well, I did until he started charging by the yard. At that point, it was either a new swim suit or get the couch re-upholstered. He had some lovely yellow spandex, but I was afraid everyone would mistake me for the back end of a schoolbus and I'd have to keep moving....

ROFLMFAO!!

Y'all made my night!

Omar the Tentmaker? Down on Third & Bazaar? Me too!! Well, I did until he started charging by the yard. At that point, it was either a new swim suit or get the couch re-upholstered. He had some lovely yellow spandex, but I was afraid everyone would mistake me for the back end of a schoolbus and I'd have to keep moving....

Yup. That's the man. We talked about a thong but he couldn't find enough inner tubes to make one.

Just ask him to leave off "we stop at all RR crossings," and you will be fine in that yellow spandex. Trust me.

Yup. That's the man. We talked about a thong but he couldn't find enough inner tubes to make one.

Just ask him to leave off "we stop at all RR crossings," and you will be fine in that yellow spandex. Trust me.

Esther you are one "cool cruiser"!;) I bet you have fun!!

LOL!! Love it!

Every time I return to read something posted on this thread, that stupid thong song starts playing in my head..

Here it is, but I warn you.. It'll be in your head all day! LOL

music only:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pazMRoO8Saw

IF you wanna see the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP3bZZLGBlo

After reading all the posts, I'm tharting to thound strange when I thalk and NOW there's a thong to go with it. Just hope it goes away before my cruise so I don't ask for thongs at the buffet.:eek:

After reading all the posts, I'm tharting to thound strange when I thalk and NOW there's a thong to go with it. Just hope it goes away before my cruise so I don't ask for thongs at the buffet.:eek:

OMG!!! You're tho thilly!!! :D

The only time my husband got excited to see me receive a package in the mail from an ebay purchase was when the outer label said pink leather thongs!! :p Unfortunately, the sandals were too small!:D

The only time my husband got excited to see me receive a package in the mail from an ebay purchase was when the outer label said pink leather thongs!! :p Unfortunately, the sandals were too small!:D

LMAO, TerriSea!!!!

Are you sure you did not borrow this from "Friends?" I remember an episode where they all go to Barbados-Joey thinks his GF is going to wear a thong bikini but she was referring to her flip flops.

Too too funny!!

Did you find the postman/delivery person came around a little more frequently?!

Are you sure you did not borrow this from "Friends?" I remember an episode where they all go to Barbados-Joey thinks his GF is going to wear a thong bikini but she was referring to her flip flops.

Too funny!! I do not recall this particular episode - but was able to find my paypal record!;)

LOL I am STILL laughing over the poster who unfortunately has a thilly thong stuck in her head now!! They are a witty bunch, for sure!

paypal.jpg.59843c07c5326069764f437e363d8efe.jpg

Too funny!! I do not recall this particular episode - but was able to find my paypal record!;)

LOL I am STILL laughing over the poster who unfortunately has a thilly thong stuck in her head now!! They are a witty bunch, for sure!

Just looked at your Paypal record and they were certainly upfront about the thong.....it says wedge, like wedgie maybe?:D

Just looked at your Paypal record and they were certainly upfront about the thong.....it says wedge, like wedgie maybe?:D

Now that I look at it, I am sure the first line of the description was printed on a label slapped on the outside of the box. So you can see why DH got ideas! He probably thought "wedge" was either instruction or a warning.:D One crestfallen man....

Someone touched on the hygiene issue but another one is that I would NOT want my bare skin (assuming I wore a thong) to sit on chairs where who knows who sat prior to me and with what kinda skin conditions or boils. Ugh. I like a little layer of fabric between me and the public environment.

Archived