Temperature in the RCCL pools

When we went on the inaugural sailing of the Navigator back in Dec 2002, the ship's pools were extremely cold. As much as we enjoyed sailing on the Navigator with all of its amenities, swimming is a big part of our vacation enjoyment and the only places we were able to swim during this cruise was at our ports. We were on the Western Caribbean itinerary and we enjoyed warm sea water in Ochos Rios, Cozumel and at the RCCL private island (we were rained out of Grand Cayman.) I have read on these boards that the RCCL ships continuously pull in sea water which leaves me puzzled as to why the pools would have been so cold on our sailing.

As a result, our most recent cruise was back on Princess where the water temperature was wonderfully warm and easily around 80F.

I'm wondering if we just had bad luck on this sailing (and BTW, we're from Canada so we're pretty tolerant of the cold) or is this characteristic of all RCCL ships?

Thanks in advance for your feedback as we are now looking ahead to book our next cruise.

Archived