looking for private driver

mdeane

• 3 months later...
After having read a number of reviews on this site I have booked a private tour with Herod's Island Tours for December this year. Other highly recommended tour operators are Cosol Tours and Fabian Tours. And there are many more.

Just finished " another " tour with Fabian. This is number 4-5 and we always see something new. Saw the black sand beaches, waterfalls tour by one of Fabian's friends, and had a relaxing drink at the resort between the Piton's...............Very good..............baffles:D

We just returned from a wonderful 7day Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Carnival Victory.

For St. Lucia, we decided to do an island tour to see the beauty of this island. From reading the reviews on this forum and tripadvisor, we contacted Andre Joseph of A-Touring Services for a private island tour for our family of 4. The other favorite operators on cruise critic seem to be getting too popular and I was concerned about their ability to manage a convoy of 5-6 vans going at the same time. Also we very much prefer a private tour for best family time. Tour to Soufriere on Andre’s web site was exactly what I was looking for. I e mailed Andre for details for the tour and it was confirmed that our tour will be a private tour for up to 4 at $160 (additional person is $40/person) in a minivan to see the island with a stop for lunch at the Beacon restaurant and 2 hours of snorkeling at Anse Chastenet. The rate did not include lunch and admission to the botanical garden or the volcano. Refreshments (water, soft drinks and beers are provided). I decided to skip the volcano for more snorkeling time.

Andre picked us up promptly at the gate at 8:45 am. We were impressed immediately with his clean, new and very comfortable Toyota minivan that could fit about 15 people. We hit all the highlights as listed on his Tour to Soufriere Andre’s Special, including city of Castries, Morne Fortune, banana plantation, Marigot Bay, fishing villages, view of the Pitons, cassava bread store and Botanical Gardens with the Diamond Waterfall. Andre is an excellent driver and we did not suffer at all from motion sickness considering the winding roads in St. Lucia.

Andre is very articulate with a great narrative voice. He gave us a lot of information about St. Lucia. My teenage kids were reluctant about doing an island tour as they had bad experience with boring tour guides in the past. However, Andre was such a good speaker that he kept them interested and learned a lot about St. Lucia. At the end they had to admit that the day was great because of Andre’s skills. Andre made the island came to life for them. Andre also treated us with 3 songs about the beauty of the island with his amazing voice.

We chose to snorkel at Anse Chastenet instead of Jalousie because I heard the snorkeling was better here and it seemed more troublesome to get to Jalousie. We still had a great view of the Pitons on a 10 minute bumpy ride to the Jade hotel at Anse Chastenet but could not see the Pitons on the beach. We planned to have lunch at the Beacon restaurant but the restaurant was fully booked for 2 large groups on that day so we just snapped photos of the Pitons and settled for lunch on the beach.

We left at 2:30pm for an uneventful drive back to the port. On the way back, Andre kept us entertained by quizzing about the information on St. Lucia that he gave us previously. This was great as the kids were excited to try to answer the trivia questions making the 1.5 hrs ride back passed quickly. We were dropped off at the port at about 4 pm.

Overall, I was glad that I booked this private tour with Andre. We had a great day to see the beautiful island with a professional guide/driver at our own pace without the crowd. His rate is also very much reasonable considering that this is a private tour. I highly recommend Andre Joseph if you prefer to have a private driver in St. Lucia. I am sure he can custom tailor the tour for you.

You can contact Andre Joseph of A-Touring Services at a link on his website

ataxiservicesstlucia.com or at josephdre913@hotmail.com

Archived