Catagena Taxi

duckboat

• 1 month later...

Yes, there are. (We just returned from Cartegena on a TransCanal cruise. Cartegena was one of my favorite ports.)

Immediately leaving the port building, you will come to the Transportation area. We were approach by several drivers offering a tour in one of the Taxis or in one of the 12 passenger vans.

Our plans had been to taxi ($20 to/from)to the old city and walk around. However, we joined a group of 8 other passengers who were already waiting for a tour with Franscisco (Frank). The tour was only $20 dollars a person, and lasted 3 ½ hours. Frank spoke excellent English and provided a history and information during the tour. We saw all 3 of the main tourist spots, including some time spent walking within the Monastery and the Old City. Frank, also, drove us to the modern waterfront shopping areas where the “ship recommended” stores were, but we all declined. We all agreed it was well worth the $20 per head.

Yes, there are. (We just returned from Cartegena on a TransCanal cruise. Cartegena was one of my favorite ports.)

Immediately leaving the port building, you will come to the Transportation area. We were approach by several drivers offering a tour in one of the Taxis or in one of the 12 passenger vans.

Our plans had been to taxi ($20 to/from)to the old city and walk around. However, we joined a group of 8 other passengers who were already waiting for a tour with Franscisco (Frank). The tour was only $20 dollars a person, and lasted 3 ½ hours. Frank spoke excellent English and provided a history and information during the tour. We saw all 3 of the main tourist spots, including some time spent walking within the Monastery and the Old City. Frank, also, drove us to the modern waterfront shopping areas where the “ship recommended” stores were, but we all declined. We all agreed it was well worth the $20 per head.

Could you please tell me some of the sightseeing spots you stopped at? Did any have entrance fees that you had to pay? If so how much? What about shopping? Lots of questions because me and my family will be there on 12/29/09.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived