12 days Med Cruise 15 May,2010

Scotchick

Can anyone explain to me why the 12 day cruise on the Brilliance on the above date, Barcelona to Barcelona, is $1,200 more than any other 12 day cruise on the Med with Royal Carib. I just don't understand the big difference.

I just looked on Royal Caribbean's website, and that cruise has an almost totally different itinerary from the other two May cruises.

And I don't see a $1200 difference. Yes, the 5/15 is more, but it's by about $340-$500. Ok, when you get to the Owner's Suite, the difference is $1200, but you are talking about the second most expensive suite on the ship. (and once you're up in that rarified cruisefare on these cruises, what's another thousand here or there? ;))

I just looked on Royal Caribbean's website, and that cruise has an almost totally different itinerary from the other two May cruises.

And I don't see a $1200 difference. Yes, the 5/15 is more, but it's by about $340-$500. Ok, when you get to the Owner's Suite, the difference is $1200, but you are talking about the second most expensive suite on the ship. (and once you're up in that rarified cruisefare on these cruises, what's another thousand here or there? ;))

The 12 days on the Brilliance May 3rd,2010 is $2,029 Cad. for a balcony and the one on May 15th is $3,259 Cad. I make that a difference of $1,230 Cad. I do realize it is a different itinerary, but $1,230 is a helluva difference in my book. Where are you seeing only a difference of $340????

The 12 days on the Brilliance May 3rd,2010 is $2,029 Cad. for a balcony and the one on May 15th is $3,259 Cad. I make that a difference of $1,230 Cad. I do realize it is a different itinerary, but $1,230 is a helluva difference in my book. Where are you seeing only a difference of $340????

I am pricing A cruise fare. Are you pricing more than one fare?

(and I am certainly not using Canadian dollars! :D)

I am pricing A cruise fare. Are you pricing more than one fare?

(and I am certainly not using Canadian dollars! :D)

I am pricing only one cruise fare on Royal Carib's website and I AM CERTAINLY USING CANADIAN DOLLARS, since I am a Canadian and when you access Royal Carib's site from UP NORTH, that's what you get quoted.

Taylor, are you pricing per person or per cabin?

I'm seeing $1874pp for 5/3, $2599 for 5/15 and $2024 for 5/27, all for the cheapest balcony cabins. Certainly not $1200pp but high enough. My guess is the 5/15 ports are what's causing the price change. First, the port fees could be higher, and second, since only one of the three cruises (the 5/15) one goes to these different ports, the demand will be higher.

In comparing two identical itineraries, 5/3 and 5/27, I'd say in that case 5/27's higher because the weather will be warmer.

Thank you Amybeth, your explanation certainly makes. sense for the time of year, etc., except for the fact that $2599, even if it is in US$, still does not equate to $3,259 which is what they are asking for in Cad dollars.

I will call them in the morning and try and get an explanation for this.

The Cannes film festival will be on when this cruise visits so perhaps that is why its more expensive.

I don't know what the exchange rate is but on the UK site the price is £1652.

Julie

Thats about what I paid this year, so still a good price.:) I am so tempted to book again.

I have just found out from a RCI reservation rep that the posted rate on their web site for Canadian customers is set at a FIXED conversion rate. So, it would be better to pay in US, especially if the rate is pretty good, and therefor pay less in Canadian. I don't know why I didn't know this, as this is certainly not my first time cruising. Thanks to all who answered and were trying to be helpful.

I have been watching these three cruises for quite some time. Originally the cost for a balcony cabin (In US dollars) was $2499 for May 3rd, $2599 for May 15th and $2699 for May 27th. When I saw the prices drop on the May 3rd cruise (To $1874) and on the May 27th cruise ( to $2024) I immediately booked on the May 27th cruise and got an aft balcony. I have continued to monitor the prices and there has been no change since. It may be the itinerary but I have the feeling that the May 15th cruise was selling faster and RCI did not have to discount that sailing. I thought that maybe there was a large group booked on that sailing but I have never been able to substantiate that. Why not cancel and join us on the 27th? We do skip two days in Venice and that may be the reason that the 15th cruise is more desirable, but we do get Santorini and Athens. I've never been to Europe so I'm happy to be going anywhere!

Bob

Thank you for this information. We visited Santorini and Athens on a Celebrity cruise that we took this year and although they were both great ports (especially Santorini), I really do like the itinerary on the 15th of May cruise. Although, if the price doesn't come down, I might have to think twice about this. Thanks anyway.

Archived