Bridge Tours

waterbugohio

Can anyone tell me if bridge tours are available. I did a search and found on an old thread that it is just for Diamond members??

Is it different for different ships? We will be on the Serenade on our second cruise, and the only thing my husband wants to do is see how the ship runs!!

Diamond+ members get an invitation to setup a bridge tour on cruises of 5 nights or longer. You can choose from a bridge tour, galley tour and I think a behind the scenes tour of the big theater. A basic bridge tour is shown on the DVD Cruise in Review sold at the end of the week.

Dave

One gets invite to the bridge by either being a Diamond Plus member....sometimes if you get invited to the Captains table,they invite you to the bridge......or you can ask the Loyalty Ambassador,but no guarantees.............

Some captains don't even let the bridge open for visitors..............it's not something you can count on...............

Can anyone tell me if bridge tours are available. I did a search and found on an old thread that it is just for Diamond members??

Is it different for different ships? We will be on the Serenade on our second cruise, and the only thing my husband wants to do is see how the ship runs!!

A letter to the Captain asking for a tour works sometime.

And how do I know who the captain is, and where to send the letter or do I just ask for the letter to be given to him when boarding??

PS. Not sure I remember how to "write a letter" (email is to easy)

Wolfcathorse keeps an up to date list of Ship's Captains on this board if you need to identify who will be the Ship's Master when you sail. Otherwise, as others have indicated, Diamond Plus members and Suite Guests are usuallly offered tours of the bridge. But it sometimes depends on the wishes of the Captain so there are no guarantees that a bridge tour will be offered. It is a very interesting tour but after doing a few it does get to feel a bit routine.:)

And how do I know who the captain is, and where to send the letter or do I just ask for the letter to be given to him when boarding??

PS. Not sure I remember how to "write a letter" (email is to easy)

Guest relations or the concierge if your are D or D+ on the bigger ships

I received a Bridge tour back in Back in June 2007 on the Liberty. I was in a Hump Balcony ( no suite), was on my 9th cruise doing a Back to Back, and received a letter in our cabin from the Loyal Ambassador offering us a Bridge Tour.

We did the Bridge tour! Since then, we have never received that offer again ( probably wouldn't go again for a bridge tour), we did receive the offer for the backstage tour and did that just this year!

Since we became Diamond+. we only got 1 offer, and that was for the backstage tour we did this year! We have been Diamond Plus well over 1 yr! So I have no idea how you get the offer! Since we were not even Diamond or in a suite at the time we received the Offer!

I suggest writing a letter to the Captain and deposit at the Pursor's desk, when you board! Good Luck!

Since we became Diamond+. we only got 1 offer, and that was for the backstage tour we did this year! We have been Diamond Plus well over 1 yr! So I have no idea how you get the offer! Since we were not even Diamond or in a suite at the time we received the Offer!

Since turning D+ we have always received a card in our cabin offering a bridge, galley and backstage tour. It comes from the Loyalty Ambassador. This has happened on 3 different ships six different cruises. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Since turning D+ we have always received a card in our cabin offering a bridge, galley and backstage tour. It comes from the Loyalty Ambassador. This has happened on 3 different ships six different cruises. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

It sure does! I did 4 ( seven nites or more each) Cruise's already this year and not Once did we receive a letter from the LA. I will see in 5 weeks on my Jewel Cruise, if I get anything besides choc. covered strawberries!

I do get the amenity gift for Dia+ so maybe thats enough! I don't want them to go bankrupt over too many tour INVITES!:D

It sure does! I did 4 ( seven nites or more each) Cruise's already this year and not Once did we receive a letter from the LA. I will see in 5 weeks on my Jewel Cruise, if I get anything besides choc. covered strawberries!

I do get the amenity gift for Dia+ so maybe thats enough! I don't want them to go bankrupt over too many tour INVITES!:D

I hear that!

Check with the LA and ask about it. Hopefully you will get something.

There will be an auction where they auction off a bridge tour. It went for $150 on our sailing, quite pricey and I found it boring. I did not pay thankfully, I was invited as a D+. It is not something I would pay for. Try the suggestions given to get the tour at no charge for your DH.

Archived