Review of Oscar Brown Tour

enzee

djddjd,

I believe that you are posting incorrect information about Oscar Brown. I know from first hand knowledge that he does wait for people, as he did so for me for over one and a half hours last year.

Just curious why you only have two posts. What type of tour did you have set up with Oscar? Maybe I am judging you incorrectly, but IMHO you are a TROLL trying to tear down a good man's reputation.

If you are in the tour business maybe you should give as good a product as Oscar does and you will have honest to goodness cruisers posting your praises. Shame on you for slander.... but that is MHO. Since you have only posted TWO times to cruise critic I will tell you what that means MY HUMBLE OPINION.

I have alerted the moderators about your posts. Haven't you already tried this last year? Put a good product out and customers will come to your business, or tour, but don't be nasty or under handed about it.

Oscar plays fair and doesn't use these boards to promote himself. He tells people to contact him by email or call him, as it is against the rules for him to post here about his tours.

11_12_10.gif

Smiles and rainbows to you,

Colleen

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2006;1;23;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Brilliance Cruise II. 23 Jan 2006

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2006;1;20;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Majesty Pre Brilliance Cruise

Why is it if someone has a bad experince, you are going to report them?

Is it not ok for someone to report a bad experience?or is it ok to do so, unless it is someone that you happen to like?

You know people have to start out, so a one time you only had 2 posts...

IF this person does get banned, than what does that say about honesty on this site?

Both times the person replied, it was because they were answering a question about has anyone used Oscar. You had and you gave your review. This person gives theirs and you are reporting them to the moderators.

Heck people were mentioning that they were not getting replys from Oscar, someone mentioned to sign up at Yahoo and email him that way. I answered that I have a Yahoo account and had NOT recieved a reply, and than you chimed in with some smart remark... Didnt want someone to waste their time going to signup at Yahoo whn they would get the same response..

Wow.. Well who knows maybe I'll get reported also....

(Seeing you posted the same reply to both topics... Ill reply to both, its only fair.....)

Email is very unpredictable to third world countries and the islands. Nobody should assume that if they don't get a reply that it was received. We have trouble with email with the orphanage on Roatan all the time.

Tutzig,

No, I am not going to report a post that someone is not getting emails from Oscar at all. I patiently explain to people so they can get in touch with him that he and others, Almonds and Corals, have trouble getting emails at times. Aurora should me five emails that she had printed out that I had sent to her directly. She told me that she had send several emails to my direct email account and I didn't receive any of them. If my post seemed to be scarcastic, I am sorry for that. I was just trying to convey the easiest way to get in touch with Oscar, just as someone did for me over two years ago.

I too have had trouble getting posts from Oscar and think some of it could be the spam filters as well as virus features that we have on our computers that keep emails from reaching us.

As to the post by djddjd, yes I reported it to the moderators and will do so again. I have followed the Costa Rica board for a very long time now and have seen how individuals can come and post incorrect information about innocent people. Doesn't it seem odd to you that this poster only has TWO posts to their name and no other posts? Even if you post on other parts of the CC Board you will have posts to you name. You mean this person had a bad expierence with Oscar and couldn't wait to get back home and sign up with Cruise Critice so they can post on the message board. I will be interesting to see what future posts this person has. I wonder what cruise they will be going on? I also would think that since the poster wanta to inform other cruisers they will be posting about their other ports of call. I will be looking for other posts.

I too will post this both places in case you miss this one.

I am scheduled to do the zip line tour in April with Oscar and I received an email today saying that the tour was being handled by one of his associates. After reading some of the posts from people that have been on tours that have not been handled by Oscar directly, I am a little leery of even going on the tour:confused: :confused: :confused: Hmmmmmmmmmmm

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a Celebrity Galaxy Panama Canal cruise out of Galveston. We spent a wonderful day with Oscar's nephew, Roger. He was knowlegable and flexible, since our group voted to change our tour in the middle of it. We ziplined in the morning, but decided to skip the banana plantation and take a boat down the Tortugera Canals in the afternoon, followed by a visit to an animal rescue center where we bottle-fed baby monkeys and got up close and personal with sloths, toucans, macaws, etc. Roger stopped by the supermarket as we were leaving and helped us pick out coffee. We toured from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for $105 and couldn't have had a better day.

Archived