Tuxedo Rental Payment

Gaijin_Mom

Thanks for the info--we'll be renting a tux next month. :)

I can confirm that although I ordered my tux in advance, it was not charged to my account until after we boarded. In fact we had a coupon offering a 10% discount on the tux rental and it was honored when I presented it onboard. I was quite pleased with the fit and quality of the tux and the fact that I didn't have to pack my own and carry it across the Atlantic for our transatlantic. Hard enough to pack for that many days without having to add the weight of a tuxedo to our weight-restricted luggage.

I can confirm that although I ordered my tux in advance, it was not charged to my account until after we boarded. In fact we had a coupon offering a 10% discount on the tux rental and it was honored when I presented it onboard. I was quite pleased with the fit and quality of the tux and the fact that I didn't have to pack my own and carry it across the Atlantic for our transatlantic. Hard enough to pack for that many days without having to add the weight of a tuxedo to our weight-restricted luggage.

Where did you get the coupon for the tux? Was it in one of the C&A booklets?

Hey Bill,

where did you get the discount coupon? Greg has one rented and would love to get a discount.

I was thinking about you and Rita all while you were gone and wished we were with you.

Sue

Do they rent tuxes on all cruises? We are sailing out of Sydney and hauling a suit from Canada seems a long trip. Where do I find the details. Thx

Log on to your account at RCCL then click on "Deals & Gifts". Click on "Shop Gifts & Gear". Scroll down and Tuxedoes are at the bottom of the page. Click on "SHOP NOW" and you will be able to see all the measurements that are needed before you place the order. :D My husband is being measured properly at a local men's store that rent tuxedoes. That way we will have the correct measurements! :eek:

Log on to your account at RCCL then click on "Deals & Gifts". Click on "Shop Gifts & Gear". Scroll down and Tuxedoes are at the bottom of the page. Click on "SHOP NOW" and you will be able to see all the measurements that are needed before you place the order. :D My husband is being measured properly at a local men's store that rent tuxedoes. That way we will have the correct measurements! :eek:

Hi Bobbie, Does he get mesasured and then say sorry I don't need to rent your tuxedo after all? The reason I ask is because my DH and I took his measurements and rented an RCI tux and when he put it on, it was huge!:o

Hi Bobbie, Does he get mesasured and then say sorry I don't need to rent your tuxedo after all? The reason I ask is because my DH and I took his measurements and rented an RCI tux and when he put it on, it was huge!:o

We told our local tuxedo place that he needed to be measured for an out of town wedding.

The measurement instructions with a diagram showing exactly where to place the tape measurer are on the web site. We did it for DH on our last cruise and the tux fit perfectly. Personally, I wouldn't take someones time at a tuxedo store without using there service. :rolleyes: But then, I am one that would expect to pay a TA $20.00 for finding me a cruise to my liking even when I decide not to use them..;)

Oh boy, did I open a can of worms?

LETS GO!

Texascruzer - I called the Men's Store ahead of time to ask them if it was okay for my husband to come in to be measured and explained that we were going on a cruise. I wouldn't have embarrassed my DH without asking before he went into the store. :rolleyes: They didn't have a problem with that (or at least they didn't seem like they did). :confused: I even asked when I convenient time would be for him to go in so we weren't causing any problems. :o I personally wouldn't want to do his tuxedo measuring and then find out once we are on the ship that the tuxedo doesn't fit! :eek:

And make sure the tux is tried on before formal night. My DH has rented twice. No problems the first cruise (although the sleeves were a little long; we just turned them up on the inside), but on the second cruise, he didn't even look at the tux until he was putting it on for dinner. They sent pants that were 10" too small! :eek: It was too late to get new pants for that night (it was tux on top and black dockers on the bottom--no pics that night), but they delivered the correct size well before the next formal night.

It was our little secret that night. :p

Texascruzer - I called the Men's Store ahead of time to ask them if it was okay for my husband to come in to be measured and explained that we were going on a cruise. I wouldn't have embarrassed my DH without asking before he went into the store. :rolleyes: They didn't have a problem with that (or at least they didn't seem like they did). :confused: I even asked when I convenient time would be for him to go in so we weren't causing any problems. :o I personally wouldn't want to do his tuxedo measuring and then find out once we are on the ship that the tuxedo doesn't fit! :eek:

Thanks Bobbie...I spoke to DH last night and he said he would do exactly as you did. :)

And make sure the tux is tried on before formal night. My DH has rented twice. No problems the first cruise (although the sleeves were a little long; we just turned them up on the inside), but on the second cruise, he didn't even look at the tux until he was putting it on for dinner. They sent pants that were 10" too small! :eek: It was too late to get new pants for that night (it was tux on top and black dockers on the bottom--no pics that night), but they delivered the correct size well before the next formal night.

It was our little secret that night. :p

I made DH try it on as soon as we got it and the pants and jacket were too large. Sent it back and he didn't bother trying the new one on until formal night. The pants were OK but the jacket was still too large so he had to wear it like that. It actually was kind of funny. At least for me it was.:D

Hey Bill,

where did you get the discount coupon? Greg has one rented and would love to get a discount.

I was thinking about you and Rita all while you were gone and wished we were with you.

Sue

Coupon book is on its way to you courtesy of DW. :) Thought of you guys when we were heading to Harwich from London and when we did private tours in Cobh and Reykjavik.

Archived