Help, times zone on ship/Grand Caymen?

Cozzette2

Help:eek: I am trying to reserve a tour in Grand Caymen. The itinerary says we arrive at 7 but is that Florida time or Texas time. I was told by the tour company that Grand Caymen time is Florida time but Texas time is one hour behind. It is all so confussing to figure out what time we need to meet the tour guide. Any ideas or should I call Princess and see if they can help me figure it out? Kris

Here is a great site Pam gave to me!The World Clock – Time Zones this should certainly help. If you arrive at 7am it will be 7am their time;)
Not necessarily! When the US is on daylight saving time, you can still be an hour off. Every so often you hear tales of people being left behind or cutting it too close for comfort when the ship leaves because they relied on shoreside time. Always use ship's time.

Fortunately, tour operators deal with this every day and almost all are very conscious of the need to be back to to the ship on time. Just be sure to discuss the planned time for the tour's return to the dock with the guide before you leave if you have any concerns.

Since we go in Feb. atleast I don't have to figure around day light savings. The tour operator said they are on the same time as Florida so I guess I will set my watch to Florida time and just leave it.

I guess I thought the tour company would know how to figure this all out.

We arrive at 7 the tour leaves at 9, I guess that will give us plenty of time. Atleast we don't have to pay up ftont so If I totally miscalculate I am not out the money:rolleyes:

Kris

When you get onboard, set your watch to the SHIP'S TIME, that way you will know when you have to be back onboard. Now having said, all Princess cruises I have been on always change their clocks to whatever time zone the ship is (we changed three times in three days once). Of course, Grand Cayman is one of the great places to watch the pilot boats come out and latecomers climbing up the rope ladder!

Archived