Voyager Class "Clowns"

djneph

Hey Everyone,

I was watching ACE of Cakes tonight (they were making a Carnival Pride cake). Anyhow they were showing some of the festivities at the pier celebrating the ships first arrival in Baltimore and I remembered something.

The first couple times I was on a Voyager Class ship ( I don't remember them on any other class of ship, but I could be wrong) I remember some comidians that were part of the crew, they did silly things through out the ship, slap stick comedy type of stuff and maybe even mime. Sometimes they would dress up like cleaning crew and cleans things and use a feather duster to clean guests walking by. They would come off the ship into the check in area at the port and do silly things or I rememeber them once using chalk to draw on the floor of the royal promenade (invited kids to help the).

Anyone else remember this? Or did I hang out near the funnel too long and inhale too many fumes? I think RCI doesn't do this anymore am I right?

Krooze Komics.

Long gone. :(

There we go. I couldn't remember the name. I loved the Krooze Komics, very big shame they got rid of them. They should bring them back, especially for the Oasis, it might be a really nice touch to the boardwalk.

There we go. I couldn't remember the name. I loved the Krooze Komics, very big shame they got rid of them. They should bring them back, especially for the Oasis, it might be a really nice touch to the boardwalk.

Absolutely agree. They were my favorite part of our Voyager cruise, so entertaining to watch while waiting for a show to start or just walking through the Promenade (I often missed them during the day when they would pretend to be statues and just disappear into the scenery of the promenade, lol). They would be a great addition to the atmosphere of the boardwalk, real boardwalks have street performers so "Why Not" Oasis?

I saw them twice on the Voyager class ships. Different people each time, but just as funny and entertaining.

I was really sorry to hear they had let them go when we sailed those ships again. They were a great asset to the Promenade entertainment.

I would love to see them brought back.

Attached is a picture of the Krooz Komics I last saw on

Freedom in 2006. Also saw the same ones on

Adventure and Explorer. Their antics were entertaining

and filled in waiting times for shows. You could

catch them on the Royal Promenade doing their

slapstick at various times. Nice clean fun. Always liked them.

I also wish they would be brought back.

346507500_KROOZKOMICS1.jpg.e01175dadf4e68d503b309d9cc6ac309.jpg

Archived