Short Time in CABO... concerned about Non Ship Tour

mikjr

We are looking at a couple of snorkling tours on Cabo. Trouble is... ship leaves at 2PM.

Has anyone taken a non sponsored tour, and had concerns about getting back to the ship on time??

What has been your experience and recommendations with Snorkle tours on Cabo

thanks

I think your concern for a non shipscheduled excursion for a 2pm departure is well founded. Keep in mind that Cabo is a tendering port; if there are several ships at anchor, one or more is the farthest out. And with only one pier ashore if several ships are in the tenders often back up causing a wait to board of 30 minutes or more.

We've had the same challenges. I haven't booked yet, but we may go with Cabosailing and sail aboard the Yael. It's a public 3 hr sail/snorkel tour for $59 from 9am-12pm. My research showed postive reviews and the time works for us. You can also privately charter their boats if you have enough people. They answered all my emails promptly. Good luck!

one of the reasons we arent doing a SNORKLE tour or WHALE WATCH this time cos limited time and cant depend on getting back on time cos you just NEVER KNOW....its RISKY specially when you are out on a boat somewhere--we have taken before but we had lots more time in port and getting back wasnt really an "issue" then!!

even last time we went they had to get CABO tenders (to hold more) so we could all get back to the ship in time.....to many passengers trying to get on those little tenders...i do believe we were late leaving too

We did the Yael sailing last November and you really don't go far enough from the port to be late for the ship. It's a nice combo of snorkling and sailing. One nice thing is that they drop you off right back at the tender dock in plenty of time.

Well after the great time we had snorkeling last year in Cabo aboard the Ecocat, I really wanted to do it this year. Then I found out we have to be back on board by 2p and the snorkel excursion goes till 3:30p. So now I'm thinking about either trying Pez Gato who has an earlier start time or just skipping snorkeling all together. I told my self there is still a lot of water sports available that we might end up trying..jet skis, parasailing. I hate having to leave a port early when its a port that I LOVE.

But as far as taking a non ship excursion, I wouldn't even consider taking one where I would be at risk of not catching that last tender.

Archived