Any affordable helicopter tours in Cozumel?

Fourseventeen

Thinking about doing a helicopter tour while we are on vacation next week. Anyone know of any tour companys that offer a 45-90 min helicopter tour in Coz at an affordable rate? Only place I found was 2700.00!!!! that was for 5 people (renting the whole chopter out) and I think it was for 4 hours...I dont need all that. I was looking more along the lines of 100-150.00 per person x 2.

Thanks again for the info Bruce. I have found tours in Vegas, CA and AZ for that price range for 45 min tour. Was not sure what to expect to pay in the Caribbean. We have our days booked up for Cayman, Belize and alomost the whole day booked up for Roatan. Cozumel is the only spot we have not planned our day yet.

Thanks again for the info Bruce. I have found tours in Vegas, CA and AZ for that price range for 45 min tour. Was not sure what to expect to pay in the Caribbean. We have our days booked up for Cayman, Belize and alomost the whole day booked up for Roatan. Cozumel is the only spot we have not planned our day yet.

Then, since you sound like you'd like to see more of the island than just the cruise pier and the shopping district, allow me to recommend renting a car and driving around the island. Even with the highly recommended additional full coverage insurance it would be less expensive than a helo-tour. If you get the Cozumel map from http://www.cancunmap.com you'll be able to see lots of need, less touristy places and avoid the crowds. Or, if you'd prefer to have some drinks and leave the driving to a professional you can easily hire a taxi by the hour and have someone drive you over to the "wild side" of the island. You can stop at the highest point on the island for some shrimp tacos (yummy) and a cold one.

coconuts2.jpg

Coconuts on the East side.

Thinking about doing a helicopter tour while we are on vacation next week. Anyone know of any tour companys that offer a 45-90 min helicopter tour in Coz at an affordable rate? Only place I found was 2700.00!!!! that was for 5 people (renting the whole chopter out) and I think it was for 4 hours...I dont need all that. I was looking more along the lines of 100-150.00 per person x 2.

You might consider a fixed wing flight that would cross over to the Playa del Carmen coast head south to see Tulum from above then back to the island for a trip over the entire Cozumel coast line in an hour . Here is a web sight with a per hour rate near the bottom of the page. http://www.mexicancaribbean.com/air-taxi/

It's been several years since we crossed over from Cozumel to the mainland by small plane and neither of us can remember the company we used but the flight along the coast was beautiful seeing the reefs at a slower speed and lower altitude than a commercial jetliner and the pilot was very good.

If your going to be on the island during the third week of November we will share the cost of the flight with you. I'd like to do it again with a camera this time.

sharing the cost would be great BUT I leave for my cruise next week ;) Sept 27th on Carnival Valor.

I may just opt to take a taxi to one of the beach resorts and just be a bum for the day with some nachos and a drink in hand ;) I think I will play it by ear when we get to Cozumel. Thanks for the info guys and gals.

Archived