Hell & Turtle farm...anyone been there?

Fourseventeen

Personally, I'd skip going to Hell. It is just a post office/gift shop where you can post mail to say you have been to "Hell". That and lots and lots of sharp rock. Google Image will give you some idea what I mean.

I haven't been to the Turtle Farm, but from what I have read it has been updated to look less like a turtle meat farm and more like a tourist destination. It is now part of http://www.boatswainsbeach.ky/

Agree with the input on Hell. It is a small gift shop with postcards you can mail and lots of hot sauces. Out the back of the gift shop are alot of black, sharp rocks. Nothing too spectacular.

In regards to the turtle farm, there are many who seemed to enjoy it. I found it a bit disturbing knowing that Grand Cayman loves their turtle soup, etc. But to each his own.

The pictures below capture Hell in a nutshell. The building with the sign Hell on it is a gift shop, actually a tacky souvenir shop. We did mail a postcard to ourselves from Hell which is a nice addition to our vacation memorabilia.

bottom line, look at these two pictures and you can say you have been there too....nothing else to see or do!

We also went to the Turtle Farm and Tortuga Rum tour which was fun.

Hell.jpg.b7018f46fa00c9e4aebd45aa099fe220.jpg

186254227_Hell2.jpg.7e6eb50478d774a0bb3104613158e7c1.jpg

Okay....I must be a geek, because we did this excursion a few years ago and loved it. My kids where 8 and 16 and they both loved the turtle farm. I did too but my husband didn't. Some of the turtles weighed 400 pounds and we'd never seen any that size before and we loved picking up the baby turtles (about 9-12" in size). Going to Hell is fun too. We bought and sent the post cards from Hell and bought the t-shirts that said "We've been to Hell and back." The volcano ash formation was interesting too...again we'd never seen anything like that either. Yes the stop was only 15-20 minutes but it was fun and we can say we've been to Hell.

Archived