Carnival Fantasy moving to Charleston

goldwinger88

This is great news!

Seeing as I live in Savannah, I can drive up here Quickly! I already have my next 3 Cruises planned and Reserved,......but It looks like when I start planning for 2011,..

I can try this one out! :p

I live in the Charleston area. I heard about The Fantasy coming and just booked her 5/30/2010 !! As if it couldn't get any better, I work across the street from the cruise terminal so I get free parking!!!!

Never been on Fantasy before but have been on ships this size and really enjoyed it. Would love any tips about the ship from people who have sailed.

We got an ocean view mid ship on the Empress deck.

Freedom of the Seas in January and Fantasy in May. Never had two cruises booked at once before. I think we're hooked!

I love the idea of sailing from Charleston...it was a long drive last December from Knoxville, TN to Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

I hear you-we are in East TN also! DH and I went on the Fantasy on our first ever cruise and were addicted from the beginning. I am glad to hear about this because I've been trying to get some family members to cruise and since Charleston is so close, it would be easier.

I live in the Charleston area. I heard about The Fantasy coming and just booked her 5/30/2010 !! As if it couldn't get any better, I work across the street from the cruise terminal so I get free parking!!!!

Never been on Fantasy before but have been on ships this size and really enjoyed it. Would love any tips about the ship from people who have sailed.

We got an ocean view mid ship on the Empress deck.

Freedom of the Seas in January and Fantasy in May. Never had two cruises booked at once before. I think we're hooked!

Oceanview mid ship is perfect. I have sailed on the Fantasy 3x, and several other Fantasy class ships. Last time we went for Verandah deck thinking it would be great, but in reality it was harder to get to the back of the ship. The Empress deck is the perfect location to go anywhere you want to go!

Anybody know which ship will go to Mobile?? What currently sails from San Diego?

The Elation, it was in Port Canaveral, then moved to CA...now coming to Mobile. I don't believe its had its upgrades yet, not sure when its supposed to get them. Its a pretty ship, one of, if not the newest of the Fantasy class ships.

The Elation, it was in Port Canaveral, then moved to CA...now coming to Mobile. I don't believe its had its upgrades yet, not sure when its supposed to get them. Its a pretty ship, one of, if not the newest of the Fantasy class ships.

It does not have all of its upgrades, no Waterworks, connecting cabins or cabin refurbs.

Dave

• 1 month later...
Do you think these will be added before it comes to Mobile? Sounds like they are going to tease us with the Fantasy for a few months and then give us a clunker back.

"Clunker" is relative. The Elation is a much newer ship, if you're into that sort of thing. I do like the Fantasy though, been on her twice this year and headed out again in 28 days :D The only facellift the Fantasy needs is someone besides Risa Barnes as a CD.

Hoping to drive down to Charleston this August for a few days visit followed by a 7 day on the Fantasy. Never been to Charleston. Am I correct that the Fantasy is similar to the Inspiration? i enjoyed that ship two summers ago just after the upgrades

Paul

Archived