Does NCL consider this one cruise?

pixiedustdawn

Hope someone has an answer for me.

I am thinking of taking the Dec 26th cruise on the Gem out of New York. And then decided to also add the one night cruise afterwards.

I looked on my NCL account and see that they made it all one cruise instead of two separate cruises.

Is this how they do it usually? Does this mean they do not acknowledge that I am cruising on two cruises?

This will be my first one nighter, and not sure if they use the one night towards the levels to begin with, but I also don't want to miss out if they do.

Thanks in advance

Dawn

I dont think they are counting the one nighters any longer . Only 5 nights or longer.

So it will count as one ;)

Quote'' and will only be available on NCL sailings which are 5 nights or longer. NCL reserves the right to determine which benefits will

I dont think they are counting the one nighters any longer . Only 5 nights or longer.

Quote'' and will only be available on NCL sailings which are 5 nights or longer. NCL reserves the right to determine which benefits will

That is my understanding as well.

They are still counting one nighters. However if you book them together like back to back 7 nighter they count as 1 cruise. The quote you cut refers to Latitude benefits like behind the scenes tours, free bag of laundry etc. for Platinum. Those benefits will only be available on 5 nighter or more.

The full quote from the T&Cs

Any benefits for which you are eligible as a member of the Latitudes Program, will be only be available to you, are not transferable and will only be available on NCL sailings which are 5 nights or longer.

They are still counting one nighters. However if you book them together like back to back 7 nighter they count as 1 cruise. The quote you cut refers to Latitude benefits like behind the scenes tours, free bag of laundry etc. for Platinum. Those benefits will only be available on 5 nighter or more.

Any benefits for which you are eligible as a member of the Latitudes Program, will be only be available to you, are not transferable and will only be available on NCL sailings which are 5 nights or longer.

Am I understanding this... the way I am booking it now, "back to back" they only consider this one cruise, not two, towards the platinum level?

If someone did 5 cruises and does these two, they only have six upon completion of sailing the two (One 7 night and a one night)?

Now look what you've done ;)

So far I have sailed a 17 night and 2 14 night cruises with NCL for a total of 45 nights. I have another 14 night cruise booked for Nov1 and at the end of that I will have 59 nights with NCL. I will still be bronze if I book another one. Does anyone really think that someone with 5 one night cruises should get perks I don't?

Not that the perks are so great but it's more of a fairness issue. :rolleyes:

I understand and I don't think it is fair, but I guess if the cruise line says it is, we have no choice.

I have only done 7 night or longer cruises, this will be my first one night.

I am Gold, yet have met people on cruises that had bought into the higher tier levels and have done only two or three cruises and were Platinum, it that fair?

Dawn

So far I have sailed a 17 night and 2 14 night cruises with NCL for a total of 45 nights. I have another 14 night cruise booked for Nov1 and at the end of that I will have 59 nights with NCL. I will still be bronze if I book another one. Does anyone really think that someone with 5 one night cruises should get perks I don't?

That's been my biggest complaint about NCL. We've done many cruises, including a 19-day repo to SA, but it only counted the same as someone who took a 1-nighter. Totally unfair. Next week I sail a 14-day Panama Canal on the Pearl, and again, it will count the same as someone's 1-nighter. NCL really needs to rethink rewarding 1-nighters the same as those of us who spend MUCH more on longer cruises.:(

No matter what they do, there will always be someone who thinks it is unfair to their particular situation. The reality of the one nighters is while they DO count towards latitudes levels, if you think about it, they are really only available on a practical basis to those who happen to live close to a port. For example, I can take advantage on one-nighters in NYC and Boston (and we frequently do) but it would be silly to travel to L.A. or Seattle or even Miami for a one-nighter. People who live in the interior of the country probably do not even consider a one-nighter simply due to the cost of traveling to get there. So, fairness is always a subjective point of view. Typically, I have no problem if there is someone who has managed to take 14 one-nighters and is called "platinum" ... More power to them :) I may have had to spend a longer time getting there, but I don't begrudge them their status :)

To me, what would be fair is credit for one cruise for each seven days aboard. Seven one noghtor one seven night. A 14 day cruise would count as two cruises. But then again, nobody asked me what I consider fair so I'll just play by their rules. ;)

They own the ships, they make the rules.

Right now we are booked on the Star Deck 9 balcony room midship above the lifeboats. Does anyone know if they block your view of the water when you are out of the balcony? We still have time to change until Tuesday when final payment is due. Thanks for your input! :)

There are NO balconies with blocked views... the lifeboats are beneath your balcony.. literally. The lifeboats are tucked inside of the promenade deck area above deck 7... they are not visible by the balcony cabins.

Archived