Laundry Costs

GRHinPorts

Betty,

I looked up the link you sent and the only thing that I could find was fabric softener which sells in a liquid form here. We put that into our washing machines not our tumble dryers.

We will probably send our laundry out, we either will take a laundry package for the 24 days or pay by the bag.

Thanks anyhow. Your next cruise is not far away either.

Jennie

I don't have a dryer either but when in the supermarket I have tried to find dryer sheets but unfortunately they are not stocked here in Australia so when I have used the dryers on board ship, I have had to go without.

Jennie

Hi Jennie,

Try costco over in the docklands. (IIRC, you are in Melbourne). They have "bounce" dryer sheets...

:D:D:D

Hi Brucory,

One has to pay $60 to join Costco and I don't think it would be worth my while. Instead, I think I would rather use that money towards the laundry charges. Have you been to visit the new store?

I see that you are booked on a Panama Cruise in November. We will miss you both but I am sure you will enjoy your cruise very much.

Jennie

Laundry charges on the mass market cruise lines are about the same as the prices in any middle market hotel in America.

If you stay at Hyatt or Sheraton and have your laundry done there, the laundry prices you see on a mass market ship will not surprise you.

Bear in mind though that Hyatt and Sheraton do not have the "all you can stuff into a bag" specials.

Is that really the case?

I was thinking of taking this option on our 33 day Caribbean + TA next year as, like everyone else, we have luggage restrictions on the outward flight.

I would have thought "unlimited" would be like it is when we have a suite - send as much as you want when you want.

We signed up for the unlimited laundry on the Eurodam a couple of weeks ago. It was $70 for the 10 day cruise. Because a couple pair of jeans would fill the bag up by themsleves, we just put the bag of laundry filled with shirts, blouses, etc on top of the jeans-all was returned laundered the day. We'll use this service again on our 14 day Alaskan cruise on the Amsterdam next year.

Elaine

Hi Brucory,

One has to pay $60 to join Costco and I don't think it would be worth my while. Instead, I think I would rather use that money towards the laundry charges. Have you been to visit the new store?

I see that you are booked on a Panama Cruise in November. We will miss you both but I am sure you will enjoy your cruise very much.

Jennie

Hi Jennie. The new Melbourne costco is great, and I occasionally go there up in the states as well. I split the membership with a friend and it has worked ok. When you get up to Europe for your HAL prinsendam cruise, you will find them (dryer towels) as they are pretty common up there. We had a change of heart with the Prinsendam and decided on the Oosterdam. All the sea days was the clunker. Still relish all those fun ports you are visiting though. Hope to meet up with you another time on another beautiful dam ship!!!

:D:D:D

Archived