mini suite dawn

a-w

does the mini suite gusts get priority boarding and what other perks does the mini suites get thx

To my own dismay...no they do not get priority boarding...but I can live with that, it's no biggy.

The only difference between a balcony and a mini suite is...a "mini suite is larger, has a bath tub in stead of just a shower and has a curtain that can separate the sitting area from the sleeping area. Now some say that "mini suites" can also make reservations at the specialty restaurants 24 hours ahead...which gives you an advantage in getting the times you want. But I am not sure about that because that perk seems to change now and then depending on the ship.

Those are the only perks you get. You are essentially paying for a larger room, a tub, a curtain, and perhaps early reservations.

Don't know if it's called priority boarding or not but, there was a seperate, much shorter line when we had a minisuite.

I heard Balcony and Mini-Suite cabins had a seperate line, so that would be priority boarding over the inside and OV cabins. Can anyone confirm this?

I heard Balcony and Mini-Suite cabins had a seperate line, so that would be priority boarding over the inside and OV cabins. Can anyone confirm this?

Last November there was a seperate line for boarding the ship for balcony/minisuites. They give you a purple card to show the category. (Or at least it was purple then).

It can vary by port and ship. In some ports there aren't facilities for separate boarding. In some ports you may get a separate check in line but not separate boarding, and even within a particular port it may depend on the size of the ship.

This type of question should not be answered with an absolute yes or no.

It can vary by port and ship. In some ports there aren't facilities for separate boarding. In some ports you may get a separate check in line but not separate boarding, and even within a particular port it may depend on the size of the ship.

I think that's the key. Separate check-in lines, but not separate boarding. You may get through the check in line faster, but you go wait to board with everyone else once you check in.

I think that's the key. Separate check-in lines, but not separate boarding. You may get through the check in line faster, but you go wait to board with everyone else once you check in.

Right...and whenever this question comes up, there always seems to be some answers that don't properly differentiate check in and boarding.

Also, you can eat breakfast and lunch in Aqua (for balconies and above only). No fee.

Aqua was not open for breakfast or lunch in late June.:(

When I went there and asked about it, they looked at me as if I had two heads and told me it was not open, except for diinner:confused:

When I went there and asked about it, they looked at me as if I had two heads and told me it was not open, except for diinner:confused:

They apparently made that change at the same time they started the fixed dinner menu experiment.

That's weird, Robyn. You cruised right after I did. And, Aqua was open for breakfast and lunch for balconies and above when we sailed. Maybe your sailing didn't have that many people who knew about it. Who knows??? Weird..

We sailed in a minisuite on the Dawn May 17, 2009. We were the first sailing with the new menu.

Passengers in balconies and higher cabins could eat breakfast in Aqua, which we did. I never heard anything about eating lunch in Aqua.

We enjoyed the breakfasts because Aqua wasn't crowded or noisy.

Passengers in balconies and higher cabins could eat breakfast in Aqua, which we did. I never heard anything about eating lunch in Aqua.

That's weird, Robyn. You cruised right after I did. And, Aqua was open for breakfast and lunch for balconies and above when we sailed. Maybe your sailing didn't have that many people who knew about it. Who knows??? Weird..

I knew I wasn't crazy (well--I knew that at one time they DID serve breakfast at Aqua anyway). I bet the staff got a good laugh at my bewildered expression when I came and asked about;)

We sailed in a minisuite on the Dawn May 17, 2009. We were the first sailing with the new menu.

We enjoyed the breakfasts because Aqua wasn't crowded or noisy.

That has been my experience also. Breakfast, but not lunch, available in Aqua. I can't imagine why they would bother to open Aqua for lunch. I've never seen Venetian crowded at lunch. Why would they bother to open Aqua?

Hmm... I thought there was always one MDR open for breakfast and lunch. If so.....who cares if Aqua is open or not?

The main difference was that it was quieter in Aqua and there was a mini buffet as well as table service.

Nothing regarding cruise lines seems to be answered with an absolute yes or no. It's crazy, but I'm getting used to it. "No Alcohol can be brought on board" (except wine, if you pay the corkage). They don't list alot of things on their website, their 'Customer Service' reps can't seem to all answer the same questions with the same answers. None of that bothers me though, because to me it adds to the allure of cruising and thanks to this website I'm ready for all of it.

I think the problem is that for many things even the cruise line doesn't know or can't predict what they are going to offer or commit to for a particular voyage.

Maybe they will have a dining room open for Balcony and 'Mini-Suite' guests, maybe they won't. Maybe they will offer 2-for-1 specialty restaurants, maybe they won't.

Maybe we'll spend my money with them again, maybe we will. My family probably will, but I can't promise them yet and I won't post it on my website.

I love it either way, and can't wait for our cruise!

Does anyone know whether Barcelona offers separate check-in or boarding for minisuite cabins? I am going on the Jade in early January and am thinking about upgrading from a balcony. The main attraction is the extra room but any help with the boarding process would be nice.

Thanks

Couldn't agree more.. it all depends on the port you are boarding at. Some are great.. others "not so great".

Mini suites do not get any of the real suite perks. These should really be called deluxe balcony. You do get fluffy robes that inside cabins don't get and on our last cruise my adult kids in a mini got fresh fruit daily ordered from a menu. That doesn't mean it will happen today as each day has new surprises. You also have the privilege of dining in one of the main dining rooms dedicated for balcony and mini suites.

Couldn't agree more.. it all depends on the port you are boarding at. Some are great.. others "not so great".

Mini suites do not get any of the real suite perks. These should really be called deluxe balcony. You do get fluffy robes that inside cabins don't get and on our last cruise my adult kids in a mini got fresh fruit daily ordered from a menu. That doesn't mean it will happen today as each day has new surprises. You also have the privilege of dining in one of the main dining rooms dedicated for balcony and mini suites.

That is only for breakfast, and only on a few of the ships. One of the ships that did offer it in the past, the Dawn, reportedly no longer does.

It's always useful to remember that nothing is etched in stone, and facilities, amenities or procedures can vary from ship to ship, or even change from cruise to cruise on any particular ship. Cruise lines are always "tweaking" things.

Does anyone know whether Barcelona offers separate check-in or boarding for minisuite cabins? I am going on the Jade in early January and am thinking about upgrading from a balcony. The main attraction is the extra room but any help with the boarding process would be nice.

Thanks

On the GEM, you could go in the "suite" line with a mini suite last summer. However, embarkation in Barcelona is a breeze either way. All three lines (suite, latitudes, and all other) seemed equally short, and moved quickly.:D

Waiting in the queue for a taxi upon diembarkation, not so quick though....

It may even pay to arrange for a car service ahead of time, the line is that bad. Or have somebody get in line immediately, and another get your bags....

Archived